Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

If I was still buying...

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Topnotchsy

Featured Contributor, The best players in history?
Aug 7, 2008
The surfing eBay habit dies hard so I figured I'd post some cards I come across that I find interesting. I figure I'll stick to BIN's so that I don't announce a card that someone was planning on sniping.

Price may be a little high, but don't hold your breathe waiting for another to pop up:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/1999-UD-HAN...0816860974?pt=US_Baseball&hash=item2c6d923b2e

$T2eC16Z,!wsE9suwyQVdBRUWeFGE6!~~60_57.JPG

schmidtfan20

Aug 24, 2008
That sig looks weak. With UD's track record that ink might be all but gone in another 10 years.

Kevin

Topnotchsy

Aug 7, 2008
Great card, but I'm not sure if this set (or any GU set really) will "stand out" and "stand the test of time".

IMO that set has as good a chance as any of standing the test of time. 14 years after it was made it is still incredibly popular (even the non auto ones.) of course the buy in is really high...

Ghumbs

Oct 3, 2011
Seattle, WA
IMO that set has as good a chance as any of standing the test of time. 14 years after it was made it is still incredibly popular (even the non auto ones.) of course the buy in is really high...
I agree. With these it's more about the card than the relic. I really don't like GU cards but this set is one of the few exceptions.

Exposfan

Mar 16, 2009
Hartland, WI
I don't know if I would buy from that seller- seems like he is one of those guys that used to be a great seller but now is hit or miss. See feedback

hoopster3977

Jun 22, 2010
Upper Peninsula
That sig looks weak. With UD's track record that ink might be all but gone in another 10 years.

Kevin
Go back and play with your Heritage cards. This is one of the best sets produced, and you have to slam this card.

Note: Even though the seller is in Japan, he is a stand-up Ebayer. Ty Hope will attest to this.

smapdi

Aug 7, 2008
A Schmidt #/20 sold for $1700 at auction a couple months ago. Even though the Aaron is #/44, I'd think it might actually go for more.

Hoopster, your bebopping cat is driving me bananas. I love it.

Topnotchsy

Aug 7, 2008
A Schmidt #/20 sold for $1700 at auction a couple months ago. Even though the Aaron is #/44, I'd think it might actually go for more.

Edit: Last sale I've seen on this card was $2000 for 1/44 but that was a BO and I remember thinking the seller may have left money on the table...

Last edited:

FriarG

Aug 21, 2011
New Jersey
I've been wanting the griffey jr auto forever - only saw one completed sale in the last 5 years. Went for $3750. Awesome set.

Topnotchsy

Aug 7, 2008

Here's the scan of that Schmidt. Had some flaws on the auto I believe:

SchmidtAPOHAutofront_zps589811ca.jpg

Latest posts