Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Astros A to Z Autograph Project Update

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Therion

Nov 19, 2008
Looooooosiana!
I have passed 525 unique Astros player autographs. Yesterday brought me three new autographs and put me at 527/794 or 66.3%

Check out my website to see images of every autograph I have so far.

I want to do a better job on the website and I'm slowly updating everything. I have added an interviews section and will slowly be adding profiles of the players. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

I am also considering a stopping point to the project. I will still be picking up the new guys but I think I am going to officially "end" the project with 2012. I will probably change my mind at some point but I like projects that can potentially be completed. With the move to the AL, it makes sense as an ending point to me. Thoughts?

predatorkj

Aug 7, 2008
One thing that sucks is they aren't doing the caravan as much in the Houston area any more. It's more spread out now. Too many stops that are three or four hour drives. I've also had less luck with them at the ball park than I have had with visiting teams, which is why I always go for visiting team IP stuff. But at least they do the local signings at food places and academy.

Only thing I can think of, given your criteria, is to expand your criteria to just having the auto regardless of team pictured. Last I recall you wanted them in an astros uniform. Might be better to go after that initially and then if that doesn't work, just go for the auto itself. Then, in the future if you find it in an astros uni, upgrade.

Therion

Nov 19, 2008
Looooooosiana!
Yeah, some of them would be far easier to find in another uniform, like Dwight Gooden. But I do like a challenge too.

Any thoughts on content for the website?

MrMet

Apr 6, 2010
The Poconos
Cool site, maybe add how many games the guy played in a 'stros uni, and what years....

Funny story, I was actually at Jim Doughertys house...to bad I didn't know you were doing this...XXXX...I can probably part with my Dougherty card...
And tommy Greene, he comes to a fundraiser I volunteer at, at least he was there last year, if he is coming agin this year, I can let you know

predatorkj

Aug 7, 2008
Yeah, some of them would be far easier to find in another uniform, like Dwight Gooden. But I do like a challenge too.

Any thoughts on content for the website?

Looks to be decent. I don't see any issues with it. Of course I don't like a website that is too busy.

Therion

Nov 19, 2008
Looooooosiana!
Cool site, maybe add how many games the guy played in a 'stros uni, and what years....

Funny story, I was actually at Jim Doughertys house...to bad I didn't know you were doing this...XXXX...I can probably part with my Dougherty card...
And tommy Greene, he comes to a fundraiser I volunteer at, at least he was there last year, if he is coming agin this year, I can let you know

That is usually how it happens lol

If you ever have anything I need, I'm always trading!

predatorkj

Aug 7, 2008
That is usually how it happens lol

If you ever have anything I need, I'm always trading!

I might have a few you need. I think I have an extra Altuve for sure. He did a lot of appearances last year. I got Maxwell too but only once and it's an OMLB. And even that almost didn't happen with the way the event was ran.

Members online