Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Trying to find a card, suggestions? Topps Factory Orange 2012

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

PujolsCollector

Jan 17, 2011
St.Louis
Ok. I have officially grown tired of trying to find this card. Daniel Descalso 2012 Topps Factory Orange. I have looked EVERYWHERE I could possibly think of. I have only seen 1 come up, it was on eBay right after the product came out. Had I known that it was going to be this stupid I would have skipped buying the 1/1 and just bought that $3 card. I am honestly confused on why this is so tough to find. It is crazy that a card numbered to either 190 or 210 (i have never figured out which)
Places I have looked
FCB
SCF
Blowout
COMC
Amazon
eBay
The Bench
Sports Card Freaks
Multiple Google, Bing, and Yahoo searches
Beckett Marketplace
Burbank Sports cards
Just Commons

PujolsCollector

Jan 17, 2011
St.Louis
sometimes a card is tough to find for no other reason than that's the way it is.

Kinda part of the fun, no?
Usually yes. I enjoy hunting down cards, but this card seems to be in the witness protection program or something lol. Usually I can find at least 1 copy of a card I need on some random auction site, or find it listed on an obscure website somewhere for sale or sold. This card I have seen exactly 1 copy of it and really it is not extremely limited. Weird

TwinsWin

Mar 14, 2011
buy sets and hope for the best, most people don't open factory sets really anymore just keep them wrapped

PujolsCollector

Jan 17, 2011
St.Louis
buy sets and hope for the best, most people don't open factory sets really anymore just keep them wrapped
That was an idea I had and if they were not $50 a set I would try. If I were a scumbag I would just search some of them, but I am not that desperate. The Factory Sets dont get opened thing is something I understand, but even with that it seems like more than 1 would come up at some point but now that it is 2013 there will be even less opened

vwnut13

Apr 19, 2009
Vermont
They are a major pain in the butt to find.

There are three PC players of mine who have had a factory set Orange.

I have seen two of David Carpenter (Astros), one of Christian Friedrich, and none of AJ *******. The only one I own is the David Carpenter.

Good luck, you're going to need it.

vwnut13

Apr 19, 2009
Vermont
Wait a minute, where do the Orange UPDATE cards come from?

They don't make an Update box set do they?

DeliciousBacon

Apr 23, 2011
Warwick, RI
Wait a minute, where do the Orange UPDATE cards come from?

They don't make an Update box set do they?

That's a really good f'ing question. I didn't know about these until 30 seconds ago, when you mentioned them then I saw a bunch on ebay. Anyone know what these are from?

smapdi

Aug 7, 2008
I'm in exactly the same boat. Saw a Sizemore on ebay for $5 or whatever BIN, someone else bought it, never saw another anywhere. The 2011 Coppers are the same. For being numbered relatively highly, being only in factory sets makes them exponentially tougher. So lesson learned, never snooze on one you want.

PujolsCollector

Jan 17, 2011
St.Louis
So this card would be in the holiday version of the Box set since it was in series 2?
Sent from my ADR6350 using Freedom Card Board mobile app

vwnut13

Apr 19, 2009
Vermont
Is there any chance I could get Topps to give me one lol.

Sent from my ADR6350 using Freedom Card Board mobile app

Maybe I should tell Topps that I will take an AJ ******* Orange and Christian Friedrich Orange for my Eric Hosmer Gypsy Queen Auto Redemption that's never come. There's no way that the Oranges have a higher BV than the Hosmer. :lol:

Dilferules

Aug 10, 2012
Auburn, WA
I'm going for the Xavier Nady rainbow out of Topps Update and had never heard of Orange cards for the Update set until I read this thread. So I panicked, because that could be an impossible one to find and destroy my quest (I had only been missing the easy Walmart Blue). Then I went on ebay and found one for a BIN. So I'm happy again.

PujolsCollector

Jan 17, 2011
St.Louis
Maybe I should tell Topps that I will take an AJ ******* Orange and Christian Friedrich Orange for my Eric Hosmer Gypsy Queen Auto Redemption that's never come. There's no way that the Oranges have a higher BV than the Hosmer. :lol:

LOL!!! Seriously though.....if anyone is willing to request that and some other stuff as a replacement for a bad redemption I would buy it from them ;) im not sure if that would even work but I would guess they have a couple laying around haha

Casebusters

Aug 14, 2008
Viera, Florida
I have these available

James Russell #US66 Cubs
Luis Ayala #US270 Orioles
Jason Marquis #US254 Padres (2)
Mark Kotsay #US300 Padres
Henry Rodriguez #US296 Nationals
Mark DeRosa #US227 Nationals
Edwin Jackson #US60 Nationals
Ryan Webb #US253 Marlins