Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Elite inscription vale?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Bob Loblaw

Aug 21, 2008
Bright House Field
A little detective work should show you the details, but they're not important.

Let's say I've got an Elite auto RC that typically goes for $15-20.

It's the last card serially printed (for example, if 880 made, it's 880/880). The auto has a bible inscription -- no others that I've seen do.

What extra premium value should this card have?

0? 50? 100%?

Of course, I know, whatever someone will pay - but I'm curious as to what you'd pay for a premium as well as what premium cards like this have sold for.

djrulz

Aug 7, 2008
Jamestown
For the auto set I'm working on, inscription autos I've been able to land have been at least 50% more than non-inscription autos. I've also paid $30 for a $2 auto to get the rarer inscription.

Bob Loblaw

Aug 21, 2008
Bright House Field
Interesting. I've got a $40 offer on a card that sells for $20. My BIN is $60 (and I put it up when the card was an $8 card, not $20)... Wondering if I should take it. I have no religious like for the card... but I do like the fact that it's the last one made.

Hadn't thought about the shadiness factor, Tim, but you are right...

hive17

Aug 7, 2008
FWIW, I think BGS dings the auto grade if the inscription isn't up to *****.

I have a Kyle Gibson EEE BGS 9.5, but 9 on the auto; the ONLY thing that could be holding it back is the damn Bible verse number he put on it (which I think he did on a lot or all of them).

Bob Loblaw

Aug 21, 2008
Bright House Field
Mine:

$T2eC16VHJGwE9n)yTeQ3BRHPEs3VP!~~60_3.JPG

Not Mine:
$(KGrHqR,!lgFELguHEUHBRNM3SwHRg~~60_57.JPG

I have about 35-40 of these cards, so grading isn't a priority right now ... but the inscription actually looks "nice". I don't do the bible thing, so I have no idea what it means. I guess I could have asked him at spring training . . .

Pine Tar

Mar 1, 2009
Oswego,Illinois
Interesting. I've got a $40 offer on a card that sells for $20. My BIN is $60 (and I put it up when the card was an $8 card, not $20)... Wondering if I should take it. I have no religious like for the card... but I do like the fact that it's the last one made.

Hadn't thought about the shadiness factor, Tim, but you are right...

I would if it was me. But it's your card and you have to make the choice

Members online

Latest posts