Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Meet Your New Agent: Jay-Z

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Jaypers

Aug 7, 2008
IL
He's got 99 problems, but Cano ain't one. :mrgreen:

Jay-Z Planning To Become Certified Agent
By Tim Dierkes [April 2 at 10:24am CST]
Rapper and entrepreneur Jay-Z is "planning to become a certified agent, first in baseball and eventually in basketball and football," reports Darren Rovell of ESPN. Jay-Z's entertainment company Roc Nation has formed a partnership with CAA Sports to create Roc Nation Sports. The group's first client is Robinson Cano, the top free agent of the 2013-14 offseason and a former client of the Boras Corporation.

Just to be clear, though, CAA's Brodie Van Wagenen will handle Cano's baseball contract negotiations. Rovell further explains, "the initial launch is with CAA, but Roc Nation Sports will be its own company."

Jay-Z Planning To Become Certified Agent: MLB Rumors - MLBTradeRumors.com

Last edited:

flightposite

Aug 7, 2008
Well that's good that he finally got a job, I was beginning to worry about how he and Beyonce would support their child.

RStadlerASU22

Jan 2, 2013
As I tell my wife, Jay Z is one of the most influential and successful business men around. He is far from just a rapper. I think more players will head this direction. Jay is known for doing great contracts for himself And others he has been surrounded with. I also think that he can help market players other than just sports contracts. Jay surrounds himself with smart people and smart people want to surround themselves with J. This isn't a Master P venture. I see other big names in sports in the next three years moving to ROC.

Ryan

Members online