Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

What to do ebay/echeck situation?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

VandyDan

Dec 5, 2011
so, i sell an item to a low feedback buyer who pays 3 days after item ends via echeck. I later get a message that says it was declined by the senders bank (which I assume means similar to bouncing), now 5 days after, and it tells me to expect payment about a week later.

I send the buyer a message saying that I am cancelling the sale citing the bounced check and stop payment on the echeck via paypal. They then send me another echeck, which I cancel immediately and send them a message to stop sending me echecks, and that I will not be sending them the item because they did not pay on time (I say as much in my listings) and because the initial payment bounced.

Pretty sure I'm looking at a neg (meh, I'll eat it) here, but going forward is there any way to prevent being paid by echecks?

bja613

Jan 6, 2009
Norman, OK
I had a similar case and I let the echeck try to clear a second time but I opened a NPB case during it. After the second time failed, Paypal didn't try to clear it again and I was able to close the NPB case and get back the fees. I think some people try to pay with echecks that they know won't clear and hope the seller sees the Paypal email thinking they have been paid and sends the item.

VandyDan

Dec 5, 2011
unbelievable. after i cancel the most recent check and tell them to stop, and that they won't be receiving it, i wake up to another echeck.

no message, no explanation, just another echeck, which i cancelled.

Last edited:

Pine Tar

Mar 1, 2009
Oswego,Illinois
unbelievable. after i cancel the most recent check and tell them to stop, and that they won't be receiving it, i wake up to another echeck.
no message, no explanation, just another echeck, which i cancelled.

You can keep cancelling all you want. But the fact is he is trying to pay you for item they bought. They are trying to complete the binding contract that eBay requires you to do.
Oh and you can send a cancellation request to him but if the deny it (buyer) you will not get your fees back since eBay will concider the case closed once he refuses to cancel it. eBay will tell you to complete the transaction once payment us received. For which it seems he us trying to pay you.

Sent from my Desire HD using Freedom Card Board mobile app

Last edited:

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts