Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Hobby internship/jobs?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

DiebytheCubs

Dec 2, 2012
Chicago suburbs/Ohio
So as a college student I have been applying to a lot of summer internships this past week. While I know that any kind of summer work is basically monkey work (work you can train a monkey to do), I've been trying to find something that is at least a little bit interesting. So while I know it's kind of a long shot, does any one know any good ways I could maybe break into the sports card industry?

I'm a junior in college who lives in the Chicago area and is studying history and journalism. I figure that I might as well try to something I enjoy for the summer. I live in I love collecting so why not see if I can get anything out of it? I applied for an internship at Upper Deck but it seemed like none of the grading companies had anything open. Beckett had something for a freelance writer but I don't think that could really get me through the summer. I really don't care what it is I do, like I said I applied at Upper Deck and looked at the grading companies so if I really got in anywhere in the hobby I would be happy. I would even be happy working at a card store.

I know FCB has the most knowledgeable member on the web so if anyone has any leads or advice it would be greatly appreciated. I apologize if this comes of as desperate in anyway but I'm not begging for a job. Just looking for leads and advice really, but if you want to offer me something I won't stop you:D

Hallsgator

Aug 7, 2008
Charleston, SC
internships can be paid.

for hobby, i'd look on the companies' specific websites.

it youre interested in working in sports, check teamworkonline.com

Pinbreaker

Aug 7, 2008
Laguna Niguel, CA
My old boss's son did a internship at the MLB Hall of Fame..

They were able to see the stuff that didn't get put out on display and they also met and had dinner with the Perez family..

nappyd

Sep 24, 2012

They were able to see the stuff that didn't get put out on display and they also met and had dinner with the Perez family..

What was neftali like in person?

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Freedom Card Board mobile app

AmishDave

Featured Contributor, Collector Showcase, Senior M
Sep 19, 2009
Ely, MN

Neifi was my favorite Rockies shortstop of all time. Sorry Walt Weiss.

DiebytheCubs

Dec 2, 2012
Chicago suburbs/Ohio

I actually did apply to the HOF, but unfortunately didn't get it. I'm planning on applying again next year though and maybe I'll have some better luck

Topnotchsy

Featured Contributor, The best players in history?
Aug 7, 2008
What about the ***** League HOF? The historical element may be right up your alley?

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts