Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

what is good to use for signing on a hat?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

bongo870

Sep 30, 2009
Marlton NJ
I just go this hat to get my Steve Csrlton auto on, What is best for him to use to sign on it?
pMLB2-9190217dt_zpsf81de573.jpg

apbtpat

Mar 19, 2013
I had Mariano Rivera sign my hat in black sharpie in the rain and it hardly faded at all....so possibly a silver sharpie?

Sent from my iPad using Freedom Card Board mobile app

bongo870

Sep 30, 2009
Marlton NJ
I had Mariano Rivera sign my hat in black sharpie in the rain and it hardly faded at all....so possibly a silver sharpie?

Sent from my iPad using Freedom Card Board mobile app
sharpies huh? Silver may look better being such a dark brim. Thank s for the input

exigussrex

Sep 17, 2010
los angeles
Got Darin Erstad to sign the brim of my hat with a black sharpie. If I had the option I would have used a silver sharpie. Silver would look good on that phillies cap. My Erstad has faded a bit but I haven't been super responsible about keeping it out of light, etc.

bongo870

Sep 30, 2009
Marlton NJ
Got Darin Erstad to sign the brim of my hat with a black sharpie. If I had the option I would have used a silver sharpie. Silver would look good on that phillies cap. My Erstad has faded a bit but I haven't been super responsible about keeping it out of light, etc.
So it seems like sharpie is the way to go just what color. I think silver will look cool. I have seen autos bleed so bad it becomes a blob. I take great card of my autos. i have a griffey auto had that looks like a pen auto now or about 15 years and it is stil sharp as day one. i have it in a plastic case. Do they make a fine tip sharpie silver.....????

bongo870

Sep 30, 2009
Marlton NJ
being that i am a HUGE Carlton fan and a HUGE 1980 world series collector i am going to have him say "steve carlton 1980 world series champs"

bongo870

Sep 30, 2009
Marlton NJ
Silver sharpie. It's what Fleer used for the Legacy hats. They've stood the test of time.
looks like i will be shopping for a silver Sharpie. I cant wait to see him. i dont useually pay for these kind of things. useually cant aford them but this is special being it is my best player.
Thanks for all the input guys!

gt2590

Super Moderator
Aug 17, 2008
Near Philly
The guys running the Show are Veterans and have done Dozens of appearances. They should have tons of Sharpies available. I'd still take one, just in case, and also they may be able to give you some advice...

bongo870

Sep 30, 2009
Marlton NJ
The guys running the Show are Veterans and have done Dozens of appearances. They should have tons of Sharpies available. I'd still take one, just in case, and also they may be able to give you some advice...
I figured that but if things have to be rushed i figure id have no chance to talk to them

predatorkj

Aug 7, 2008
paper huh? That would be easier.

Any time in the past that I've gotten an item signed that had a semi rough surface, I never test it out on that first. I always test paint pens or sharpies out on paper and then let them go to town. I've seen people try it out on particular test items and then when the real thing gets signed, the maker or pen may skip or feather. I'm not saying it always happens. But so far for me it has worked so I don't question it.

bongo870

Sep 30, 2009
Marlton NJ
Did you see that they added Charlie Manuel to the show?

Really? not to sure i care for that. lol. I have desided to use a black sharpe beacuse every single phiies hat signed i have seen so far used that and it look ok. I got my hat and display ready. i had to get a small hat (size 6 3/4) beacuse that is all they had. i got it for 25 bucks. If i want ed a bigger one it would cost me from 40-45 bucks. But since im not going to put it on my head and only display it I think it will be good. I also may have a pic or ball signed too. Not to sure yet....

Members online

Latest posts