Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Topps is tweeting some Tribute Eccentric Eye Black cards

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

P_Manning 18

Aug 7, 2008
These look pretty cool

BHW-dTPCMAARJ8M.jpg:large

BHW5DMcCEAEGbWH.jpg:large

BHWzJ45CEAAmCQu.jpg:large

BHWv8b-CMAEnrdi.jpg:large

All In Cards

Super Moderator
Aug 7, 2008
these look great, box prices keep on going up also. I think production is pretty low on this release. I could be wrong.

petMonster

Jan 20, 2012
Next up...game-chewed gum! Topps comes full circle back to chewing gum. I can't wait!

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Sports Cards by Freedom Card Board.com

jaydub

Jun 18, 2010
Arvada, CO
Topps Company ‏@toppscards 9h
Tribute "Eccentric Eye Black" cards are not player worn, proved not feasible, but cards r beautiful! #WARRIOR #HARPER pic.twitter.com/nQPUbrLO5d

Nick hinds ‏@nrhinds 9h
@toppscards so even though the cards say "player worn" eye black its actually not player worn #falserepresentation

@nrhinds we made a mistake, intention was to have player worn, its new technology, it didnt work, we are now making that clear,

oops!

A_Pharis

Tribute "Eccentric Eye Black" cards are not player worn, proved not feasible, but cards r beautiful! #WARRIOR #HARPER pic.twitter.com/nQPUbrLO5d

Nick hinds ‏@nrhinds 9h
@toppscards so even though the cards say "player worn" eye black its actually not player worn #falserepresentation

@nrhinds we made a mistake, intention was to have player worn, its new technology, it didnt work, we are now making that clear,

oops!

Way to plan ahead, Topps! Why would you put the print on the card without even having a test of the concept? Oh, wait. It's Topps.

hive17

Aug 7, 2008

oops!

Yeah, clear to the people that follow Topps on Twitter; so, like 10% of the people that will end up with the product.

A_Pharis

Bingo. They say "Oop, we made a mistake," but a ton of them will move on the secondary market under the assumption they are player-used. At the point they realized it wouldn't work - those cards should have been destroyed... I mean - of all the rants about false advertising - this is your best shot at taking it to Topps.

MisterT

Mar 7, 2011
Virginia
I am starting to feel used by topps. Wonder if there is a logo for that.

That being said, dirty, sweaty eye black probably would probably not work well (adhere) on cards in any method other than a swatch like a jersey.

smapdi

Aug 7, 2008
I wonder what "new technology" they have that failed. Could they not have gone with old technology, e.g. glue, to get them to stick on? They're 1/1s, so it's not as huge a deal as it might have been, but surely they'll go for 100x what they should. Although, who wrote on them, the players?

rsmath

Nov 8, 2008
not feasible? let's see - eye black applied to relic card, entomb that card in a plastic case to give protection to the
eye black relic, tada!