Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

This Weeks Sports Card Hot List is LIVE! WITH A CONTEST!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

cgilmo

Administrator
Aug 6, 2008
Alpharetta, Georgia, United States
Opening Day has come and gone, but the baseball card market is once again on fire! “Chicks dig the long ball”, but so do card collectors. Chris Davis hit 4 home runs this week, Will Middlebrooks hit 3 in one game, Justin Upton hit a walk-off, and Bryce Harper hit 2 on Opening Day. This week’s list reflects that “collectors dig the long ball.”

Chris Davis Rookie Autographs & Refractors

Chris Davis has been the hottest hitter to start the regular season. He hit 4 home runs in the first 4 games with 16 RBIs, including a grand slam to defeat the Twins on Friday afternoon. He seemed to be underrated last year when he hit 33 home runs, but now he is getting the credit he deserves. Once considered a top prospect for the Texas Rangers, he was traded two years ago for Koji Uehara. It has turned out to be a lopsided trade so far with the Orioles running away with this one.

Davis’ cards have heated up with his bat. Buy it nows have been hit for his 2007 Elite autographs for crazy money. One numbered out of 50 sold for $100 and ones /374 were being hit for $48. These were selling for about $20 for the past month. Davis also has Bowman refractors in 2006 and 2008. These have also been selling for big bucks.

Read More Here
This weeks Sports Card Hot List with Bryce Harper, Justin Upton and Will Middlebrooks | Freedom Card Board.com

As an added bit of interactivity this week the hot list will have a contest attached. Go to the read more here link, and tell us in this thread or in the comments of that blog entry which hot list card is your favorite and why.

The best entry will receive a $25 paypal gift certificate from FCB!

nappyd

Sep 24, 2012
Opening Day has come and gone, but the baseball card market is once again on fire! “Chicks dig the long ball”, but so do card collectors. Chris Davis hit 4 home runs this week, Will Middlebrooks hit 3 in one game, Justin Upton hit a walk-off, and Bryce Harper hit 2 on Opening Day. This week’s list reflects that “collectors dig the long ball.”

Chris Davis Rookie Autographs & Refractors

Chris Davis has been the hottest hitter to start the regular season. He hit 4 home runs in the first 4 games with 16 RBIs, including a grand slam to defeat the Twins on Friday afternoon. He seemed to be underrated last year when he hit 33 home runs, but now he is getting the credit he deserves. Once considered a top prospect for the Texas Rangers, he was traded two years ago for Koji Uehara. It has turned out to be a lopsided trade so far with the Orioles running away with this one.

Davis’ cards have heated up with his bat. Buy it nows have been hit for his 2007 Elite autographs for crazy money. One numbered out of 50 sold for $100 and ones /374 were being hit for $48. These were selling for about $20 for the past month. Davis also has Bowman refractors in 2006 and 2008. These have also been selling for big bucks.

Read More Here
This weeks Sports Card Hot List with Bryce Harper, Justin Upton and Will Middlebrooks | Freedom Card Board.com

As an added bit of interactivity this week the hot list will have a contest attached. Go to the read more here link, and tell us in this thread or in the comments of that blog entry which hot list card is your favorite and why.

The best entry will receive a $25 paypal gift certificate from FCB!

Brain Cole, because America doesn't celebrate illiteracy nearly enough!

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Freedom Card Board mobile app

Super Mario

Mar 1, 2009
Mushroom Kingdom
Contest bump

Come win money.

Sent from my GT-N8013 using Freedom Card Board mobile app

idiocracy_ilikemoney_tshirt3.jpg

dp33

Jun 2, 2009
Tough call on picking a favorite this week. The list really represents everything great about card collecting. You've got the classic BC rookie auto of a prized player coming back to life, you've got Elite autos and BC refractors of semi-hyped players returning amazing money, and you've got some younger prospects still climbing. Throw in 2001 cards jumping out of $5 boxes, as well as a list spanning small markets to large markets, and tough to find a better week for baseball card collecting. (My apologies to basketball and hockey - I'm still digging out my 1986 Fleer basketball cards, so I'll let someone else who is more in touch with the current collecting climate in those sports expound on them.)

Myself, I'm going with the Justin Upton 2006 BC auto. A great looking card that has been fun to ride the market rollercoaster with over the years - and I'm sure it's not done yet.

DaveH

Apr 28, 2009
^gotta agree there. But for me it also comes with some nostalgia. Ive gone through periods of player-collecting, and the Uptons were always at the top of my list when i dabbled in that... and Ive lived in Georgia nearly all of my life and now that Frank Wren has done what I've always dreamed of doing as a big-league GM / / getting two young stud brothers at the same time, and in their peak years, well I'm back to being a huge Braves fan. They're just the most fun to watch

DiebytheCubs

Dec 2, 2012
Chicago suburbs/Ohio
It's a generic answer but I have to say my favorite this week would have to be Bryce Harper. Why? While all the other young guns on the list have had hot starts, Harper already has a year under his belt and has proven what he can do. While JBJ, Middlebrooks and Davies certainly appear to have promising futures, Harper is more established at this point therefore giving him more upside in my book.

Members online