Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Jose Reyes injured vs the Royals

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

sheetskout

Administrator
Aug 10, 2008
Milwaukee, WI
MLBN recently stated that they heard it was a left ankle sprain

If this just turns out to be a sprain the Jays will have gotten off extremely lucky. In full disclosure I haven't seen the replay, but the Twitter buzz about Reyes doesn't seem good. I've seen the words "career ending" and "career threatening" more than once.

Reyes is one of my favs and I was REALLY looking forward to seeing him with that protection for a full season in that division. #depressed

Y4NK335

Aug 7, 2008
TBD
If this just turns out to be a sprain the Jays will have gotten off extremely lucky. In full disclosure I haven't seen the replay, but the Twitter buzz about Reyes doesn't seem good. I've seen the words "career ending" and "career threatening" more than once.

Reyes is one of my favs and I was REALLY looking forward to seeing him with that protection for a full season in that division. #depressed

Yea, it definitely seemed worse with him crying and being carted off of the field. FWIW, the Blue Jays official twitter page is also stating ankle sprain but he is headed for an MRI.

nappyd

Sep 24, 2012
Aarne, lets not totally over dramatize this thing. Robin Ventura's injury was NASTY. This isn't anywhere near as bad, as gruesome, or as devastating to his season/career.

Even that wasn't as bad as the ass kicking he took from Nolan Ryan..

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Freedom Card Board mobile app

aarne13

Oct 15, 2008
The Permian Basin
Aarne, lets not totally over dramatize this thing. Robin Ventura's injury was NASTY. This isn't anywhere near as bad, as gruesome, or as devastating to his season/career.

You're right. I had another look at ventura's injury on YouTube. Yikes! I just couldn't think of a more recent player with the same injury. (I know it's happened to several players)

olerud363

Jun 14, 2010
Ontario, Canada
Reyes was off to a pretty good start! Anthopoulos has already been reported as having contacted other GM's to talk trade.

My fantasy teams will suffer too as Reyes was my SS for both. My backups are Ian Desmond and JJ Hardy. :eek:

Sent from my Galaxy S2 LTE using Freedom Card Board mobile app

Members online

Latest posts