Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Shipping bubble mailers to Canada

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

fsulevine

Mar 5, 2011
Tallahassee, FL
I haven't sold as much on E-Bay recently. I did know that the cost at the post office for shipping bubble mailers is up to $2.07. However, I just got back from shipping one to Canada and the cost was $6.55!!! Has it gone up that much? It used to be like $1.00 more to ship a bubble mailer out of the country. Did the price change that much, or did the postal employee helping me make a mistake? I asked when I saw and he said it is because they have to send it as parcel post, not a large envelope, because it is a bubble mailer. Still doesn't make sense to me, considering what it used to cost. I would hate to have to up my shipping charges that much for out of the country.

olerud363

Jun 14, 2010
Ontario, Canada
Yeah, apparently when the prices went up in January the price to ship to Canada took a huge leap. I lot of sellers on eBay are now charging $7 or more for a single card. Even Burbank, who used to charge $3 for unlimited cards to Canada (a really good deal) more than doubled their rate to $7. The only big seller that hasn't changed their rate is New England Sportcards, which still charges only $1.50 to Canada but that no doubt is in a PWE. My eBay browsing has dropped off dramatically since the rates went up. I buy pretty low-end stuff, $10-$15 and under usually, so paying $7+ in shipping just isn't worth it.

I haven't placed an order with COMC recently so I don't know if they still charge only $3.00 for unlimited cards (factoring in the 25 cents-per-card fee).

fsulevine

Mar 5, 2011
Tallahassee, FL
Wow. Thank you for the info. I wonder if E-Bay would allow me to offer 2 rates... 1 if they want it in a bubble mailer and another if they are willing to risk in in just a regular envelope.

CollectorsCorner

Super Moderator
Feb 13, 2009
Yup, I now charge $10 to Canada/overseas. I know it is more than the cost $6.16. But I really just don't want to mess with it anymore so if a buyer wants the card he has to pay for it. I don't enjoy going to the PO and the rules say I have to go drop them off at a counter. Just to much time...

Pine Tar

Mar 1, 2009
Oswego,Illinois
Yup, I now charge $10 to Canada/overseas. I know it is more than the cost $6.16. But I really just don't want to mess with it anymore so if a buyer wants the card he has to pay for it. I don't enjoy going to the PO and the rules say I have to go drop them off at a counter. Just to much time...

My postal chick said it was due to Canada Post wanting more of the cut on letters mail to Canada.

And it us about the same to send that card to Europe, Japan, even Australia now so 7 bucks shipping international (if you intend to) is about right and it is I think 17-18 based on value for Global shipping with tracking too.

Sent from my Desire HD using Freedom Card Board mobile app

RStadlerASU22

Jan 2, 2013
I've had a half dozen or so recent Canadian buyers and I have allowed (and they have wanted) them to receive the item in a PWE, I believe that cost is $1.10 and there are stamps for that so no PO hassle. Yes I understand risk / duties etc, but it's a savings I'm willing to give them on cheap items,

Ryan

Sly

Aug 7, 2008

I drop Canadian packages in the drop box all the time, never had one get sent back to me, or had an issue.

CollectorsCorner

Super Moderator
Feb 13, 2009
I drop Canadian packages in the drop box all the time, never had one get sent back to me, or had an issue.

I'm sure you can get away with it but I have to "sign" saying I read and understand the rules. I am going to follow said rules.

Sly

Aug 7, 2008
I shipped a card to Canada on Friday in a padded envelope for $2.05. Tom

If you did, you used the wrong shipping type. You have to choose it as a package as that is what bubble mailers classify as (not large envelope) - now if your PO did it, then they may have just screwed you over. You may have it returned, or the receiver may have to pay extra for shipping.

Pine Tar

Mar 1, 2009
Oswego,Illinois
I shipped a card to Canada on Friday in a padded envelope for $2.05. Tom

If you did, you used the wrong shipping type. You have to choose it as a package as that is what bubble mailers classify as (not large envelope) - now if your PO did it, then they may have just screwed you over. You may have it returned, or the receiver may have to pay extra for shipping.

Tom
It looks like the post office charged you US domestic rate. But like Sly said it just may cone back to you, or the buyer is going to pay for it and then ask you for money back when he does

Tom Oates

Sep 15, 2008
Tom
It looks like the post office charged you US domestic rate. But like Sly said it just may cone back to you, or the buyer is going to pay for it and then ask you for money back when he does

Yes, I walked into the post office and they processed it. We'll see what happens... Tom

Casebusters

Aug 14, 2008
Viera, Florida
If its 1/4 inch or less, abubble envelope can be shipped as a large envelope if the envelope can bend. I use an envelope that can bend but not touch the card. The envelope is twice as long as the card

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I727 using Freedom Card Board mobile app

sebpoo

Aug 7, 2008
Montreal, P.Q.
My postal chick said it was due to Canada Post wanting more of the cut on letters mail to Canada.

And it us about the same to send that card to Europe, Japan, even Australia now so 7 bucks shipping international (if you intend to) is about right and it is I think 17-18 based on value for Global shipping with tracking too.

haha your postal chick is priceless. Not true at all.

Right now, if i buy a card, i pay exactly the same s&h price i have paid for years all around the world except for US, and i can't believe we would want more on the cut from our neighbours, and not from sellers located in Japan, Hong Kong or Taiwan.

USPS is in a black hole, heavily indebted, which is why they have increased prices this way. She won't tell you that because her job may be at stake...

fsulevine

Mar 5, 2011
Tallahassee, FL
haha your postal chick is priceless. Not true at all.

Right now, if i buy a card, i pay exactly the same s&h price i have paid for years all around the world except for US, and i can't believe we would want more on the cut from our neighbours, and not from sellers located in Japan, Hong Kong or Taiwan.

USPS is in a black hole, heavily indebted, which is why they have increased prices this way. She won't tell you that because her job may be at stake...

The post office would be in fine financial health if it wasn't for the law passed during the George W. Bush years requiring them to fund their pension 75 years in advance. Suddenly, they had to put a TON more away, and they have been financially doomed since. Go back to it being funded for about 20 years (or whatever it was prior), and they will go back to being self-sufficient.

Members online

Latest posts