Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

BGS grading THROUGH COMC! This is interesting...

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

SydBarrett

Mar 6, 2011
Well, this just convinced me to sign up for a seller's account. I have been on the fence for a long time after hearing about all of the success people have selling lower end cards.

Keyser Soze

Nov 9, 2010
The Woodlands, TX
Beckett News » BGS, COMC partnership will benefit Canadian collectors

It's hard enough to get a great grade on a card you've viewed with a loupe, let alone just a scan through COMC. Very interesting. Curious to see how the submission prices are.

I can see a lot of cards that don't make the MG getting sold on COMC...

I think the advantage of this will be that you can send your cards to COMC marked as "for grading" and they'll sub them for you. Then once they come back, COMC will scan them and load them to your account, and you can then decide to have them shipped back to or you can list on the site. Awesome deal I think, as long as prices are decent. COMC claims they're charging no processing fees. I would NEVER buy a card on COMC and ask them to grade it without having seen it.

I would never sell on COMC because I just don't deal in a high volume of cards and I like to have my cards in hand, but I can see this as a great deal for sellers who already use COMC to be able to get your cards graded with little or no extra effort.

Bob Loblaw

Aug 21, 2008
Bright House Field
It all comes down to the price and expediency. Remember, it takes COMC a month to process your card, so I'm curious how often BGS will get shipments and at what pricing level they charge, and how quickly they grade. It can easily take 2-3 months this way.

ballerskrip

Aug 7, 2008
Chicago Area
I also believe that in many cases COMC is a dumping ground for ungradeable cards ( I have purchased probaby 500-600 cards here, and very few have been gem mint, or close to it). I am not sure how beneficial this will be for the buyer.

mredsox89

Aug 29, 2008
Miami/Boston
Has the potential to be a great thing, but as mentioned, it's all about price and service time. It could be a great way to get a few cards graded without having to pay the $15+ per card, if say COMC essentially does a submission once a month, combining everyone's stuff. Or they could have a per card deal worked out with BGS and they just ship stuff as it comes in or weekly or something

Ghumbs

Oct 3, 2011
Seattle, WA
As some of you know I work for COMC. The feature is announced to go live tomorrow but is actually available from your Inventory Manager right now. The rates, which are using COMC Store Credit, are as follows:

$12 per card for Monthly Service (submit by May 6, due back June 7)
$25 per card for Weekly Service (submit by April 30, due back May 3)
$2 additional fee for autographed cards
1% of declared value for insurance

Also, if you send your cards in using the To Be Graded service, you get free one day processing with 36x scans and the items will be locked for grading.

Upon return of all graded cards, they are rescanned with 36x resolution and deposited into your account. From there you will be able to sell it or ship it whenever you want.

Members online

Latest posts