Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Prizm

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

MGiuseffi

Aug 22, 2008
Hey all. I opened some Prizm this mornng. A few decent hits, but something seemed off to me. Look at this scan and let me know if you can guess what it is:
0417PZRefLot2_zps8d13d2ba.gif

Bob Loblaw

Aug 21, 2008
Bright House Field
The fact that they're ugly cards?
The fact that there's no MLB Logo (This was obviously going to be the case).
The fact that there are "RCs" that aren't RCs?
The fact that this is a 2012 product being issued over 100 days into 2013?

MGiuseffi

Aug 22, 2008
Just realized they are marketing this stuff as a 2012 release, thus the RC of Darvish, Harper, etc... What a joke! Next week, they may just come out with 1951 Prizm with a Mantle RC...

goldenegg1

Aug 7, 2008
This may be the first big fail of 2013, or 2012 or whatever year Panini wants it to be.
Hell it is so late in 2013, I'm expecting Prestige 2014 to come out next week.

MGiuseffi

Aug 22, 2008
Personally, I don't think a card can be too shiny. Just my opinion. I like my shinys... The Seaver Gold #/10 I pulled is a real stunner. So, there are some nice things about this release. One of my pet peeves is collation. Let's just say, Panini has yet to master the "art of collation"...Sigh

Overall, I give the product a C+. With Panini not having to pay MLB, I was hoping this product would have more money put into content. Sadly, I was mistaken.

predatorkj

Aug 7, 2008
Dude, I actually think those look really cool. Not having an MLB license sucks because of the lack of logos but the cards aren't bad looking.

Bruin7

Aug 7, 2008
FL
Both Elite Extra and National Treasures don't have logos and NT was a 2012 release that came out in 2013. But why is everyone ok with those?

Allen

rsmath

Nov 8, 2008
are the base cards also chrome-like or just paper-based?

I keep seeing Panini talk about the chrome cards from this product but it's not apparent to me if the chrome cards are the norm or if they are the few premium cards found in each box.

Members online

Latest posts