Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

need some help with these exhibit cards please

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

rum151man

Mar 9, 2010
Nor Cal
I have no idea how to tell if these are real I think someone said the darker gray backs are the real ones & the white backs are reprints. these ones all have the darker gray backs & they all look the same color.
[MENTION=2442]mchenrycards[/MENTION] can you confirm ???

any help would be much appreciated, as I don't want to sell as authentic unless I know for sure, or else ill list as reprints.

mchenrycards

Featured Contributor, Vintage Corner, Senior Membe
I have no idea how to tell if these are real I think someone said the darker gray backs are the real ones & the white backs are reprints. these ones all have the darker gray backs & they all look the same color.
@mchenrycards can you confirm ???

any help would be much appreciated, as I don't want to sell as authentic unless I know for sure, or else ill list as reprints.

From the scans those look like the real deal to me. Reprints are usually a very bright white or sometimes a dull white. These look good (as far as I can tell from the scans).

rum151man

Mar 9, 2010
Nor Cal
looks like mine would fall under this category, so good chance they are real if the reprints are more rare than the real ones?????

2. Several of the 1947-66 Exhibits were reprinted on coarse grey stock some years ago. These cards are easily distinguished in person, not so much on line unless you have a back scan where you can see the grey chip board. Oddly, the reprints are much rarer than the real thing. These include Mantle, Reese and Mays, and some others I don't remember. I was burned on a few early in my career: haven't seen any in quite a while. Again, if you know Exhibits and are buying in person, you will immediately be able to tell that these are fakes.

Members online

Latest posts