Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

best scanner for chrome and foil cards?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

digicat

Nov 10, 2009
Nor-Cal
My scanner does a good job of getting crisp and clear images of cards (graded or raw), but when it comes to foil enhanced cards or chrome cards in general, the images come out really dark (even after color and contrast adjustment in Photoshop).

Does anyone have a scanner that naturally produces great scans of foil and chrome cards without the need to edit the image?

WaxPax

Here's an example of success with my new Canon 5600F Scanner. The first 2 cards were with my old scanner, both Sterling Black Refractors. It was tough to see the numbering on the front, even with brightness turned up as in these scans.

The second scans are with the Canon with no adjustments of any kind. they are MUCH brighter so much so, they don't even look black

Last edited:

vwnut13

Apr 19, 2009
Vermont
Rotate the cards on your scanner.

Here is the same card scanned at a different angle on the same scanner.

badscan.JPG

MR_SuperfractorG_10Plat.JPG

Crewfan82

Apr 21, 2009
Digicat, I have the same problem with my HP scanner. Base chrome autos do not turn out well. Very dark and the auto is hard to see. I am interested in knowing if there is a quality scanner as well.

image.jpg

digicat

Nov 10, 2009
Nor-Cal
Rotating the card on the glass works for refractors, but not the base chrome or foil cards.

Members online

Latest posts