Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Boston pre game getting heat?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Ortiz is taking a small amount of heat for his statement yesterday in the Red Sox pre game. Here's the quote.

"This is our f_ _king city and no one is going to dictate our freedom, stay strong"

I love it! i normally wouldnt want my kids to hear it but in the last week a word is far less threatening than bombs, bullets, and the fear they brought.

How do you feel about big Papi dropping the f bomb yesterday?

I'm old Greg

D-Lite

Nov 10, 2010
SF Peninsula
Seriously, people should just not complain about things like that. It's not like he's running around dropping f-bombs all the time in the first place and this is a pretty extreme situation where a lot of people actually are thinking exactly what he said.

Still not better than Chase Utley's bomb at the WS parade: "World F'in Champions!!"

scotty216brs

Apr 15, 2012
MA
I was totally surprised by that, I was like: "Wait, did he really just say that?"

But he was emotional and it came out...obviously he didn't use the word in a derogatory fashion and I had no problem with it. For any younger children that heard him say it well...I'd be very surprised if it was the first time they have heard that word honestly. I wish more people would say what's on their mind rather than trying to be 'PC' all the time.

That pregame yesterday was very well done...very emotional but they did a great job with it. #BostonStrong

RiceLynnEvans75

Feb 9, 2010
NOVA
People should look at what happened in the city over the course of the last week, then look at the word he said, and then put it in perspective.

Of all the crap to complain about............

scotty216brs

Apr 15, 2012
MA
People should look at what happened in the city over the course of the last week, then look at the word he said, and then put it in perspective.

Of all the crap to complain about............
Yeah you hit the nail on the head right here...what Ortiz said is a grain of sand compared to the beach that was the events in Boston last week. Ridiculous.

pghbuccos

Aug 7, 2008
PixBurgh
I loved it he was just showing his true emotion.

Like you said a WORD is far less threatening than what those two coward terrorists were doing to the city of Boston and our county.

Sjrmn91

Apr 29, 2009
Minnesota
No issue with it at all. The first time I saw the clip, I just thought it was a glitch in the audio. Then the second time I was like, yep, he definitely just saidd that. Nice.

KCBeltranFan

Aug 7, 2008
Illinois
I think part of it too is kids trying to act cool, and I agree with you. No kid of mine will talk like that.

Its also a generational thing too. When I was that age, there was no way in hell I would talk like that to an adult or another person.

I agree. I've got two of my own and they definitely know better than to speak that way in my home. While I cannot control what they do out of my sight, I can definitely instill a notion of how not to speak.

As for the pre game statement, I support him in his emotionally charged wording. The situation is still raw and heavy. It's easy to understand his emotion.

Sent from my HTC One X using Freedom Card Board mobile app

jflan702

Sep 25, 2008
outside of Boston
I am fine with Ortiz showing his true emotions out there. People should take into perspective what is going on and stop being so PC. Back in the day we were always told to toughen up. If your delicate ears are injured by what he said, turn down the volume.

Boston Strong.

nappyd

Sep 24, 2012
Ortiz is taking a small amount of heat for his statement yesterday in the Red Sox pre game. Here's the quote.

"This is our f_ _king city and no one is going to dictate our freedom, stay strong"

I love it! i normally wouldnt want my kids to hear it but in the last week a word is far less threatening than bombs, bullets, and the fear they brought.

How do you feel about big Papi dropping the f bomb yesterday?

I'm old Greg

It's what Manny would have done.

And pussification of America nor helping with the outrageousness of it. It would have sounded as good without the f bomb though.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Freedom Card Board mobile app

Last edited:

Members online

Latest posts