Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Minor League Performances Official Daily Thread - 4/22 #MiLBDailyThread

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Jaypers

Aug 7, 2008
IL
Note: I will be out of town for a week, starting tomorrow, and so my postings will be less frequent. I will try to create this thread and post daily updates, but can't guarantee it.

The South Atlantic and California Leagues have the day off today.

Today's notables include:

Taylor Jungmann vs. Erik Johnson
Jake DeGrom
Jesse Hahn
Jameson Taillon
Sam Selman
J.O. Berrios (Low A debut)
Zach Eflin vs. Taylor Guerrieri
Alex Wood
Cody Buckel
Matt Magill
James Paxton
Mike Kickham
Lance McCullers
Jesse Biddle

Last edited:

Jaypers

Aug 7, 2008
IL
Cards might call up prospect Carlos Martinez
Carlos Martinez - S - STL - Apr. 22 - 11:01 am et
Joe Strauss of the St. Louis Post-Dispatch speculated Monday that the Cardinals might call up Carlos Martinez.
Martinez missed spring training because of visa trouble but has been fast-tracked to Double-A Springfield and could be added to the battered St. Louis bullpen at some point soon if he shows positive signs on the farm. The 21-year-old right-hander has a nasty arsenal of pitches, including an upper-90s fastball, and would likely do well in a setup role. He is ultimately expected to be a starter. Apr. 22 - 11:01 am et
Source: InsideSTL.com

jaydub

Jun 18, 2010
Arvada, CO
Cards might call up prospect Carlos Martinez
Carlos Martinez - S - STL - Apr. 22 - 11:01 am et
Joe Strauss of the St. Louis Post-Dispatch speculated Monday that the Cardinals might call up Carlos Martinez.
Martinez missed spring training because of visa trouble but has been fast-tracked to Double-A Springfield and could be added to the battered St. Louis bullpen at some point soon if he shows positive signs on the farm. The 21-year-old right-hander has a nasty arsenal of pitches, including an upper-90s fastball, and would likely do well in a setup role. He is ultimately expected to be a starter. Apr. 22 - 11:01 am et
Source: InsideSTL.com

Can't imagine promoting a guy who missed spring training to be that great of an idea. I guess if it's a trial balloon and not imminent it might make sense but would seem like a bad idea to rush him.

shayscards79

Aug 17, 2010
Chicago
Can't imagine promoting a guy who missed spring training to be that great of an idea. I guess if it's a trial balloon and not imminent it might make sense but would seem like a bad idea to rush him.

Not to mention a season of him pitching out of the pen won't help his card values. You'd have to sit on them all year into the next hoping they convert him to a starter. Id rather see him succeed for a year as a starter in AA to help build some hype and make a case for the guy.

Jaypers

Aug 7, 2008
IL
Great start for Erik Johnson - 7 IP, 3 H, 0 R, 1 BB, 10 K :)

Taylor Jungmann - 6 IP, 5 H, 1 R, 4 BB, 2 K

Dan Vogelbach HR (2) :)

Patrick Wisdom HR (4)

Keyser Soze

Nov 9, 2010
The Woodlands, TX
Not to mention a season of him pitching out of the pen won't help his card values. You'd have to sit on them all year into the next hoping they convert him to a starter. Id rather see him succeed for a year as a starter in AA to help build some hype and make a case for the guy.

I wish teams considered what we want as collectors and fantasy players!!

All The Hype

Aug 7, 2008
Indianapolis

If he is dominant early on, starter vs bullpen will be irrelevant and his cards will still see a big jump. The broadcasters/ESPN/Baseball Tonight will talk up how he is ultimately going to be a starter and people will be all over the band wagon if he can be a shut down setup man for a big market team like the Cardinals.

That being said, the best thing for his cards in my opinion is what you just said...a strong season as a starter in AA to build hype.

Jaypers

Aug 7, 2008
IL
Don't look now, but a certain notable pitcher in the E.L. is perfect through 5 IP, with 10 K's.

Jeff, Jim and Tim are kvelling as I speak. :)

Jaypers

Aug 7, 2008
IL
15 k thru 6 2/3... 2 bb and a hit...

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Freedom Card Board mobile app

And....he strikes out his 16th, leaving the bases juiced.

Guessing that's it for him. 104 pitches/74 strikes.

Biddler on the roof!

Members online

Latest posts