Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

My heart hurts and my pocket even worse my personal rant against Josh Hamilton

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

jbmm161

Dec 19, 2010
Ft Worth
I thought Josh Hamilton could do no more, he just keeps taking the knife and digging into my back. First you play like shat for 2 months and totally give up during the stretch run, sign with the hated Angels, then you play even worse if that was possible, and now your cards sell for crap when I needed the money the most (I listed after he hit 2 HRs and thought he might get hot). I am pretty sure I just lost more than 3/4 of what I paid for most of his cards. Cards that cost me $200+ sold for less than $80, not to mention the smaller autos which sold for less than half of what I paid. If I could take a time machine back to the 4HR game I would have sold out and made a killing.

Last edited:

Sjrmn91

Apr 29, 2009
Minnesota
So it's Josh's fault you invested money in his cards...? That's like personally blaming him for your fantasy baseball team losing...

jbmm161

Dec 19, 2010
Ft Worth
I was just blowing off some steam, its better than crying in my pillow at night. Still sucks though.

Waxov

Mar 23, 2013
USA
if you had to sell cards for card you really should have parted with something else... did you buy high and sell low? its like trying to pizza when you mean to french fry. . . youre gonna have a bad time. :(

jbmm161

Dec 19, 2010
Ft Worth
So it's Josh's fault you invested money in his cards...? That's like personally blaming him for your fantasy baseball team losing...

No he was my favorite player and it was just to damn hard to pull the trigger and sell when I knew better.
As far as my fantasy team the lack of quality relief pitching is to blame.

uniquebaseballcards

Nov 12, 2008
I thought Josh Hamilton could do no more, he just keeps taking the knife and digging into my back. First you play like shat for 2 months and totally give up during the stretch run, sign with the hated Angels, then you play even worse if that was possible, and now your cards sell for crap when I needed the money the most (I listed after he hit 2 HRs and thought he might get hot). I am pretty sure I just lost more than 3/4 of what I paid for most of his cards. Cards that cost me $200+ sold for less than $80, not to mention the smaller autos which sold for less than half of what I paid. If I could take a time machine back to the 4HR game I would have sold out and made a killing.

Yeah, this isn't exactly atypical - this is why there are so many flippers in the hobby.

jbmm161

Dec 19, 2010
Ft Worth
that sucks, man! But the sad thing is when I look at your Want List, I think you're going to do it 5 or 6 more times...:eek:

Trust me I know. Strasburg screwed me in 2010 and again this week. I need to update that list by the way thanks for reminding me.
Unfortunately when you have to sell you have to sell what you have. Harper has done ok for me for the most part. I made a nice profit on Trout the others I don't have enough to be to concerned with.

Last edited:

Gwynn545

Aug 29, 2008
North Seattle
Trust me I know. Strasburg screwed me in 2010 and again this week. I need to update that list by the way thanks for reminding me.
Unfortunately when you have to sell you have to sell what you have. Harper has done ok for me for the most part. I made a nice profit on Trout the others I don't have enough to be to concerned with.
LOL. I am just teasing, anyways. I don't know much about prospecting. I am being sincere when I say that sucks, though. Definitely gotta take what you can get when you're in a bind! I sell a $20 card and it goes for $5 I get a stomach ache, so I can't imagine how you felt watching those go (and the subsequent feeling you'll get if he goes off on another HR barrage...)

padremurph

Aug 7, 2010
That's rough, sorry. That's why it's hard to collect and invest in the same player. If you're genuinely rooting and collecting a player, it's hard to sell at the peak since you're all wrapped up in the success. I've gotten burned a couple of times on much smaller scales but its still no fun.

WaxPax

I can understand about wanting to PC Hamilton if you are a fan of his. To "invest " in a guy with his personal demons is a huge risk. To start with, you have to deal with him being 1 drink away from being a total train wreck again, as well as any on field performance issues.

Its never good to sell when a guy is hitting .220..but if you must sell you will tale lumps

Sent from my DROID RAZR HD using Freedom Card Board mobile app

Members online

No members online now.