Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

No "Madden Curse" for two years in a Row, Cover winner: Barry Sanders...

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

gt2590

Super Moderator
Aug 17, 2008
Near Philly
After way too much build-up and "Brackets", they finally announced the Winner of the "Old" vs. "New" school voting for Madden 25's cover for 2013.

Barry Sanders beat AP by about 10% and will be on the cover this year.

"Megatron" is so good he broke the Curse last year and set the Record for receiving yards in a Season. And that was after a sorta slow start.

Obviously, Sanders can't be affected by the so-called "Curse" and actually seems to be enjoying his rebirth as a public figure, probably even more than when he was a Player. Good to see it, especially for a guy who withdrew from that Status when he was a Player...

gt2590

Super Moderator
Aug 17, 2008
Near Philly
Hopefully they'll add some Autographed cards like they did with Marshall Faulk two years ago or so...

Waxov

Mar 23, 2013
USA
Does anyone know how the original groupings were selected? I dont remember seeing Brady/Manning/Watt. :-| I know it was 1 past player 1 current player per team, but how was each guy selected...

Biggest shocker was Russell Wilson going out where he did.

Card Magnet

Jan 24, 2009
Pennsylvania
I'm going to challenge your theory :

Megatron was on the Lions. Isn't that a curse in itself?

Perhaps Sanders can't be influenced by the curse...but what about his son? Could the curse find its way to Barry Jr. on the collegiate field?

gt2590

Super Moderator
Aug 17, 2008
Near Philly

No. Offense has never been the Lions' biggest problem.

But man, would spending more than 1/2 of your Year living in Detroit would SUUUUUCK! ;-)

predatorkj

Aug 7, 2008
I think they should have regional covers. That'd be cool and give me a reason to buy the game. Because otherwise, I just can't get into it. I'm more hooked on Assassin's Creed 3.

BrewerSuperCollector

Aug 10, 2008
Obviously, Sanders can't be affected by the so-called "Curse" and actually seems to be enjoying his rebirth as a public figure, probably even more than when he was a Player. Good to see it, especially for a guy who withdrew from that Status when he was a Player...

Unless he dies.

03supto

Jul 25, 2010

Perhaps Sanders can't be influenced by the curse...but what about his son? Could the curse find its way to Barry Jr. on the collegiate field?

this!! besides Lions missed the playoffs and did horribly, so as a whole curse still stands...continue on...

Members online

Latest posts