Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

The #MilbDailyThread - 4/25

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Jaypers

Aug 7, 2008
IL
Today's notables include:

Chris Archer
Ethan Martin
Johnny Hellweg
Robbie Erlin
Zack Wheeler
Alex Meyer
Jimmy Nelson
Jed Bradley
John Lamb
Tyler Anderson
Andrew Chafin
Victor Sanchez
Mason Hope
Eddie Butler
Michael Ynoa
Roberto Osuna

Sent from my XT907 using Freedom Card Board mobile app

Jaypers

Aug 7, 2008
IL
No idea. I don't live in Vegas. :)

Jaypers

Aug 7, 2008
IL
Mason Williams arrested for DUI this morning. :banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead:

CatdaddysCards

Trade Moderator
Mar 12, 2010
Cherryvale, KS
Really hoping Lamb gets back to where he was pre-TJ. At least we can now afford to wait a little longer.

-------------------------------------

Need Moustakas, Hosmer and patches.

VandyDan

Dec 5, 2011
Mason Williams arrested for DUI this morning. :banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead:

Under the legal limit, but failed field sobriety test. Might that mean he was intoxicated by something else?

VandyDan

Dec 5, 2011
Or it could mean that he did absolutely nothing wrong....

It could mean that. But it is unusual to fail a field sobriety test if you are unimpaired. He may simply have been very tired, which can happen (a little beer + a lot tired = failed field test).

We shall see.

jumbojohnny

Aug 7, 2008
It could mean that. But it is unusual to fail a field sobriety test if you are unimpaired. He may simply have been very tired, which can happen (a little beer + a lot tired = failed field test).

We shall see.

Funny things about field tests - You can ask the officer to demonstrate the test as often as needed, if they cannot successfully demonstrate the act needed to be performed you can omit the test. I have used this trick to get a cop to let me go, simply because I was not intoxicated and he got tired of me asking to perform the straight line test.

You can omit a test if you have physical limitations (I have a reconstructed right knee, they cannot ask me to walk a straight line or stand on one foot), I would fail most times because I cannot support all of my wieght on my right leg without wiggling or tipping. My buddy has a hearing issue and it causes a balance issue because it effects his ear drums, so he would fail the straight line test on most days also.

Unless a breathalizer is also administered and failed, many field tests will not be sufficient in court. They are only to be used as guides to help sort out the drunks from the maybe drunks and to put fear into drivers that may have something to hide.

* MY last pull over was a really hot state officer. Road check and she asked me to step out of the car and take some tests. I gladly complied and let her demonstrate. I kept making innocent and playful comments about her ticketing me just so I could get her name and maybe her number. She must have thought I was serious...She ticketed me for a headlight infraction. I had both headlights working, but she said if I brought my car by the station THE NEXT DAY between 10-6 she would drop the ticket. Sure enough, she was there and happy to see me, with her number in hand.

I was last pulled over 12 years ago, two days before I met my soon to be wife at college. Talk about sweet timing!

I learned these tips from my local D.A.R.E. officer, my Uncle the Sheriff, and cousin the State Trooper. How these rules apply per state I do not know, but NY and CT are on the same page.

WaxPax

Funny things about field tests - You can ask the officer to demonstrate the test as often as needed, if they cannot successfully demonstrate the act needed to be performed you can omit the test. I have used this trick to get a cop to let me go, simply because I was not intoxicated and he got tired of me asking to perform the straight line test.

You can omit a test if you have physical limitations (I have a reconstructed right knee, they cannot ask me to walk a straight line or stand on one foot), I would fail most times because I cannot support all of my wieght on my right leg without wiggling or tipping. My buddy has a hearing issue and it causes a balance issue because it effects his ear drums, so he would fail the straight line test on most days also.

Unless a breathalizer is also administered and failed, many field tests will not be sufficient in court. They are only to be used as guides to help sort out the drunks from the maybe drunks and to put fear into drivers that may have something to hide.

* MY last pull over was a really hot state officer. Road check and she asked me to step out of the car and take some tests. I gladly complied and let her demonstrate. I kept making innocent and playful comments about her ticketing me just so I could get her name and maybe her number. She must have thought I was serious...She ticketed me for a headlight infraction. I had both headlights working, but she said if I brought my car by the station THE NEXT DAY between 10-6 she would drop the ticket. Sure enough, she was there and happy to see me, with her number in hand.

I was last pulled over 12 years ago, two days before I met my soon to be wife at college. Talk about sweet timing!

I learned these tips from my local D.A.R.E. officer, my Uncle the Sheriff, and cousin the State Trooper. How these rules apply per state I do not know, but NY and CT are on the same page.

Really, tips on beating the system...how about next time not drinking and then getting behind the wheel......

Sent from my DROID RAZR HD using Freedom Card Board mobile app

Jaypers

Aug 7, 2008
IL
Anyway, back on topic.....

Javier Baez HR (4) :D

Jaypers

Aug 7, 2008
IL
Miguel Sano HR (8) :D

Wil Myers HR (2) :beer:

Jaypers

Aug 7, 2008
IL
Buxton HR (3) :D
Mazara HR (3)
Naquin HR (2)

Jaypers

Aug 7, 2008
IL
Eddie Butler - 8 IP, 1 H, 0 R, 2 BB, 4 K.

Members online