Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

2013 NFL Draft thoughts...

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

gt2590

Super Moderator
Aug 17, 2008
Near Philly
Kinda crazy at times, but otherwise a normal Draft.

Let's see, Detroit and Buffalo pick a guy way WAAAAY before anyone else would have, the Pats trade down and a HOF-type player falls to Pittsburgh.

Same old, same old...:cool:

AK11

May 24, 2010
You mean Dallas and Buffalo. Detroit took Ansah who was a projected top 10 pick anyways. Dallas traded back to take a center nobody heard of. As for the Bills, good thing I grabbed a Manuel Valiant auto /15 on COMC pre-draft.

nappyd

Sep 24, 2012
Yeah what was buffalo doing?

I'm happy with the falcon pick but feel like it was giving up a lot to move up eight spots, unless trufant was who someone like the Broncos wanted to fix their secondary.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Freedom Card Board mobile app

SilverandBlack

Mar 19, 2009
Upstate NY
I'm pissed the raiders finally make a smart move and add an extra pick and set themselves up perfectly to grab star or Floyd and add a pick.

Instead they draft a guy the easily could have grabbed with the 2nd round pick they got from Miami. While its not as bad as a normal raiders draft I still don't like the pick. This kid better be great or mckenzie and Allen won't be around longer.

goldenegg1

Aug 7, 2008
I like the Bjoern Werner pick for the Colts.
I can't believe the Bills with that pick.
They must like their chances with Kolb I guess.

sheetskout

Administrator
Aug 10, 2008
Milwaukee, WI
The Packers did exactly what I wanted them to do. They went pass-rush defense with upside.

Most mock drafts I saw showed the Packers going WR which I couldn't understand for the life of me.

f2tornado

Aug 14, 2008
Grand Forks, ND
I'm pissed the raiders finally make a smart move and add an extra pick and set themselves up perfectly to grab star or Floyd and add a pick.

Instead they draft a guy the easily could have grabbed with the 2nd round pick they got from Miami. While its not as bad as a normal raiders draft I still don't like the pick. This kid better be great or mckenzie and Allen won't be around longer.

Heyden was not likely to fall into the second round. He was one of the big risers over the week. I had him pegged as the best DB available. Cosell mocked him at 12th pick. The guy came back from a near death experience. He's got the heart (no pun here) to go with his skill set. Excellent pick that fills a position of great need.

cubfanbudman

Apr 16, 2012
I know the Bears need O line help but Kyle Long??? I wish they'd have grabbed Ogletree or Eifert

gt2590

Super Moderator
Aug 17, 2008
Near Philly
You mean Dallas and Buffalo. Detroit took Ansah who was a projected top 10 pick anyways. Dallas traded back to take a center nobody heard of. As for the Bills, good thing I grabbed a Manuel Valiant auto /15 on COMC pre-draft.

I don't think many had "Ziggy" going in the Top 15 at all. Dallas did kinda reach but most people had him as the 15th (ish) best OL and he was the 12th taken and may not have been available when they pick again. And most have him as the Best Center, with enough flexibility to play Guard.

Not many people too critical of that pick but man, with Detroit being so good on Offense, I think they should taken the "safer" pick on Defense. Or just kept Anvril...

Weimer

Aug 8, 2008
Minnesota
I don't think many had "Ziggy" going in the Top 15 at all. Dallas did kinda reach but most people had him as the 15th (ish) best OL and he was the 12th taken and may not have been available when they pick again. And most have him as the Best Center, with enough flexibility to play Guard.

Not many people too critical of that pick but man, with Detroit being so good on Offense, I think they should taken the "safer" pick on Defense. Or just kept Anvril...

2013 NFL Mock Draft - WalterFootball.com
2013 NFL Mock Drafts - CBSSports.com - NFLDraftScout.com
NFL Draft Mock 2013 | NFL Draft Mock Draft
2013 NFL Draft -- Peter King's first-round mock draft - Peter King - SI.com
2013 NFL Mock Draft 7.0 - Don Banks - SI.com
2013 NFL Mock Draft - DraftCountdown.com
2013 NFL draft - Mel Kiper offers up his final mock draft projection - ESPN (5th)
2013 NFL draft - Todd McShay's final first-round projection - ESPN (5th)

Pretty much everyone had Ziggy Ansah projected in the Top 10. So I'm really not sure where you're getting your information.

gt2590

Super Moderator
Aug 17, 2008
Near Philly
I guess I was looking up Older Mocks because although "Ziggy" shot up ALOT of charts (always a bad sign), he wasn't in most people's Top 15 soon after the Season. Still not a wise pick IMO...

gt2590

Super Moderator
Aug 17, 2008
Near Philly
It's great that Berman and Gruden are off the Desk, but man, is Trey Wingo frickin' annoying...

And then the Titans trade up (give up 7th and 2014 3rd) to take another WR, Hunter from home state, but do they need another one?

deceptikon1978

Apr 7, 2009
Typical Cowboys fan. Criticize other teams GOOD picks while either not mentioning or trying to defend your own steaming pile of XXXX picks. :lol:

jrinne

Sep 25, 2008
The Packers did exactly what I wanted them to do. They went pass-rush defense with upside.

Most mock drafts I saw showed the Packers going WR which I couldn't understand for the life of me.

Eddie Lacy stuff on ebay just went boom.

gt2590

Super Moderator
Aug 17, 2008
Near Philly
Typical Cowboys fan. Criticize other teams GOOD picks while either not mentioning or trying to defend your own steaming pile of XXXX picks. :lol:

Obviously you haven't seen me rip their Picks today.

The players they've taken today aren't that bad, and both are pretty talented, but Dallas has no place taking either guy when they have so many Glaring needs, especially on the OL and at Safety...

And what GOOD picks did I rip? :?

deceptikon1978

Apr 7, 2009
Another typical Cowboys fan defending a fellow Cowboys fan who was proven dead wrong. And hey, it was my first time in Texas and I really thought he was a Cowgirl. He was very convincing and that's the only reason my tongue got anywhere near her, uhhh him.

Members online

Latest posts