Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Myers or Taveras?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Jaypers

Aug 7, 2008
IL
Taveras. And that's coming from a Rays fan.

Sent from my XT907 using Freedom Card Board mobile app

VandyDan

Dec 5, 2011
Myers has pretty much always had a high k%, and that always tends to get amplified as one moves up the ranks. Plus his lefty/right splits are a little inconsistent. He does walk pretty well, and of course his power is great.

Taveras puts a LOT of balls in play (few BB or K), which suggests that his contact tool is pretty good, though he will be subject to BABIP/luck fluctuations. He also is pretty steady against lefties and righties.

I like Taveras a lot more, especially when you factor in what team he plays for. I mean, I like Myers a lot, too. But I think he's a 275/385/480 guy in the majors, and Taveras will be 310/390/500 guy. Not a whole lot of difference in OPS, but I do think that Taveras will be a touch more reliable and less easy to pitch around.

theplasticman

Nov 21, 2008
Myers has pretty much always had a high k%, and that always tends to get amplified as one moves up the ranks. Plus his lefty/right splits are a little inconsistent. He does walk pretty well, and of course his power is great.

Taveras puts a LOT of balls in play (few BB or K), which suggests that his contact tool is pretty good, though he will be subject to BABIP/luck fluctuations. He also is pretty steady against lefties and righties.

I like Taveras a lot more, especially when you factor in what team he plays for. I mean, I like Myers a lot, too. But I think he's a 275/385/480 guy in the majors, and Taveras will be 310/390/500 guy. Not a whole lot of difference in OPS, but I do think that Taveras will be a touch more reliable and less easy to pitch around.

Thanks for the breakdown. I kept reading that Taveras is much more of a free swinger that doesn't walk. Initially that makes me concerned but then all the writers say he has an unorthodox approach but makes consistent contact.

I ended up trading for Taveras in a dynasty league haha.

mwashuc06

Aug 7, 2008
Myers is Jay Bruce with less defense, Taveras could be the good Raul Ibanez with much better D.

Latest posts