Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

This Weeks Sports Card Hot List is LIVE!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

cgilmo

Administrator
Aug 6, 2008
Alpharetta, Georgia, United States
[h=1]Sports Card Hot List for May 1st 2013[/h] Posted on May 1, 2013 by cgilmo

Kyrie Irving Silhouette Patch Autographs

Talking about firing on all cylinders, this would definitely describe the work of Panini America of late. As hard core basketball collectors will tell you, they have felt a bit left out in the cold of late. The hate has been so extreme that even fans of the product line feel the need to be sarcastic about recent success.

These Silhouette patch autographs are second in the industry only to the National Treasures patch autographs and for Panini to have two giants at the top of a players list is a welcome sign to anyone who collects basketball. I am confident that these two products could compete even if there was an Upper Deck NBA Exquisite on the market.

Nolan Arenado Chrome Autos

Last weeks appearance was just a warmup. A call up and a big fly have caused his refractor autographs to jump about $30. And to further my own selfish personal agenda I would like to point out that elite autographs have tripled from $10 to $30 and have been much easier to obtain through the entire process.
A call up and a big fly does good things for a prospects stock even when it happens in somewhere like Colorado where the national attention isn’t focused. While I look for Arenado to do some good things in the majors, part of me still has Ian Stewart flashbacks.

E.J Manuel Valiant Autographs

The NFL Draft provides tons of surprises every year. Manuel was definitely the story this year. The Bills are in need of a true franchise quarterback and after scouting and interviews they think EJ is the guy. The fanbase is still quite split on this as lots of people are even still upset with the pick. Bills collectors (or whoever is buying these things) seem to be sold, as his valiant autographs tripled from $10 to $30. I think they could go even further if Leaf would do something about it’s confusing parallel runs. The prismatic line that they do looks fantastic but does not need all of the different numbering systems and variations. Keep the high end rare, and see the market react.

An impressive deep ball, work ethic, and attitude is what helped the Bills overcome the lack of polish in this pick. He will take a couple of years to get ready to see the field so that means you can probably get his cards for a discount later. The Bills have recently come out and explained that one of the reasons for going with him is his impressive work in bad weather. I would like to point out that a workout in bad weather isn’t the same as a fast paced NFL game.

Read the whole story

The Sports Card Hot List featuring sports card hot list, kyrie irving, bryce harper, nolan arenado, Nate Robinson, Chris Stratton, Nick Williams, EJ Manuel | Freedom Card Board.com
The Sports Card Hot List featuring sports card hot list, kyrie irving, bryce harper, nolan arenado, Nate Robinson, Chris Stratton, Nick Williams, EJ Manuel | Freedom Card Board.com

aaron41984

Jun 22, 2009
SMH*

Miguel Sano is not an omission but a travesty. Shouldn't have been simply ON the list but #1 . Next week, Garin Cecchini.

uniquebaseballcards

Nov 12, 2008
I think you do a good job on these lists. I thought of something the other day that may make them even more interesting - in addition to (or instead of) ranking them in 1-10 order, could each player/card/set on the list be assigned a 1-100 value?

Say John Doe scored a "40" value last week to take the #1 /top spot in last week's hot list. But Joe Schmoe scored a "60" rating this week, making the hottest player in this week's list 50% "hotter" than the top player from last week's list. Makes for an interesting week-to-week comparison and makes looking at old lists more interesting.

Granted this takes more resources to do - which may make doing this prohibitive - but its just a thought I had :)

cmnkb8

Nov 17, 2009
The Armpit of America: NEW JERSEY!
"The prismatic line that they do looks fantastic but does not need all of the different numbering systems and variations. Keep the high end rare, and see the market react."

No logos will keep it from going much higher. Though I'd say $100 for a Leaf /10 auto of a Bills QB (who some consider a reach given where he was taken) is already pretty good. And the more variations/inserts, the better for case breakers. Just my thought.

cgilmo

Administrator
Aug 6, 2008
Alpharetta, Georgia, United States
"The prismatic line that they do looks fantastic but does not need all of the different numbering systems and variations. Keep the high end rare, and see the market react."

No logos will keep it from going much higher. Though I'd say $100 for a Leaf /10 auto of a Bills QB (who some consider a reach given where he was taken) is already pretty good. And the more variations/inserts, the better for case breakers. Just my thought.

The no logo thing, they can't change. The parallel problem they can.

Latest posts