Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Who am I?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Dpanthers14

Aug 7, 2008
Colorado
Hey guys, I thought it would be fun to have a thread to get to know each other and learn a little about each other we didn't already know.

name:Logan Broz
What I collect: I really enjoy collecting hard to find and High end Stars and Hofers. I just recently started collecting high end cuts and really enjoy the hunt for them. I like the aspect that even if you find the card you want you have to make sure the cut is nice. I also collect the 04 Sp Game Used Nicknames auto/patch, I really enjoy collecting this set because they rarely pop up and there great looking cards with great looking patches.

About me: I'm currently attending Butler CC to get my Internetworking Management degree while also working at Intrust Bank. I go to school full time and work at the bank close to full time also. I'm still living at home while I got to college so that I can save money and have stuff I want. After Butler I plan on attending WSU to obtain my Computer Networking Degree.

miguelcabrera

Nov 20, 2008
YOU KNOW
Name: Harrison Benson
What I Collect: I collect Miguel Cabrera cards. I try and get every card he has, but that can be rather challenging. I really like trying to get as many 1/1's as I can of Cabrera, especially superfractors. I also enjoy getting as many of his Topps Traded Rookie card autos that I can get as well.
About me: I live in Boston, Massachusetts.
I am pretty sure I will be attending University of Maryland next fall, and I am going to major in finance.

colts1888

Aug 28, 2008
NY
Chris Littleton
I collect Alex Rios but that has since became a big challenge as stuff rarley pops up that I dont already have. Ive been collecting the last 5 years but havent gotten serious about cards until I was about 16. Its hard to buy cards w/o a job but when I get $ i go on sprees.
Come fall I will be attending Pace University and plan on doing something with business

ostrander111

Aug 7, 2008
PA
Name: Caleb Ostrander
What I Collect: I collect Coco Crisp, Jason Giambi, and Tony Gwynn. Also, I collect game used and autos of stars.
About me: I live in Mechanicsburg PA and am an 8th grade student at Eagle View Middle School in the Cumberland Valley School District. I play trumpet, guitar, and drums. Also, I am an annual all-star baseball player... i crank Homeruns 300 ft. + and can hit 75 mph. :mrgreen:

Nikobaseball

Aug 7, 2008
Name: Zach Okin
Collect: Prospects, Laporta, Colorful stuff. Occasionally high end HOF stuff.
About me: Live in Queens, NY. Go to school in the Bronx. Attend HS, currently a Junior. Play for the tennis team.

chuckbartowski

Jan 2, 2009
name:Wayne Bolen
What I collect: Currently collecting Chipper Jones, Kelly Johnson, 2008 Ultimate Patch autos, 2008 Ultimate Barrel Slice Autos, and 2009 Topps Jumbo Patches. Chipper is my favorite player, and may end up being the best switch hitter ever when his career is done. Kelly Johnson has one of the sweetest swings in baseball and is very underrated. I'd look for that to change this season (All Star Game here he comes?). The sets I'm collecting are some of the best looking sets I've seen in the last 10 years (in my opinion), and while challenging shouldn't be impossible to complete (although there are only five Bo Jackson patch autos out there so keep an eye out for one for me...I've seen one, and it sold pretty quick with a $200 BIN).

About me: I have a BS in Civil Engineering, and I currently work for the City of Anchorage reviewing Structural and Architectural Plans for code compliance. I write on the side and hope to finish a novel by the end of the year which I may try to get published or self publish it using createspace or another similar site.

marterburn

Name: Max Arterburn
What I Collect: Matt Kemp and whatever else strikes my fancy
About me: 2006 grad of Western Michigan University w/ a BS in Industrial Design. I have lived and worked in the Milwaukee area designing temporary point-of-purchase displays for almost 3 years now. I am getting married this summer in Michigan.

thenumberonemetfan

Aug 7, 2008
Bronx,Ny
Name:Alex Raboy
Collect:Beltran,Alou and Sheffield.I also go after rare 90's inserts
About me:Live in the Bronx,go to jfk high school in the Bronx.Im a freshman on the jv baseball team.

rob167

Aug 7, 2008
Ankeny, Iowa
name: Rob "The *****" Minick
What I collect: crappy cards no one else on here likes because they aren't prospects
About me: I teach behavior disorder and I am also the asssistant athletic director at Hoover Hgh Schoool (Jeremy Hellickson's alma mater!) in Des Moines, Iowa. I am currently in grad school to get my masters in administration with the hopes of becoming a full-time athletic director in the near future. Other than cardboard, my other vice is high school and collegiate wrestling. In college I won our conference all four years (7th person in school history to do so) and also qualified for the National Tournament all four years. Of course that was 20 years and 70 pounds ago. :lol:

jbone17

Sep 26, 2008
The Riverlands.
Name: John Yarusinsky

What I collect: Harmon Killebrew, Adrian Cardenas, and many various prospects.

About me: I am currently going to Middlesex County College in Edison, NJ, and I am majoring in Criminal Justice. I work for Macy's as a receiving worker part time, but when summer hits, I hope to put in at least 25-30 hours a week there. I go to a ton of minor league games, but I mostly go 2 Trenton and Lakewood. I collect IP autos which are by far the best! I also play Halo from time to time, so hit me up : jok3rV.

Weimer

Aug 8, 2008
Minnesota
Name: Jeremy Weimer
Collect: 1941 Play Ball set
About me: I'm currently going to Metropolitan State University in Minnesota. I have one year left of undergrad and then I'll graduate with a Bachelors degree in Business Administration. After that I plan on attending Law school at either the University of Minnesota or William Mitchell. I work at Papa Johns as a delivery driver part time. Been there for four and a half years now. I still live at home with my parents but do pay rent each month to basically have the basement to myself (bedroom, living room, bathroom).

fengzhang

Aug 10, 2008
Chicago, IL
Name: Feng Zhang

I'm always changing what I collect. Sometimes I do sets, sometimes I collect prospects, sometimes I collect players (some of the players I've collected in the last few years alone: Barry Bonds, Vladimir Guerrero, Barry Zito, Francisco Liriano, Clint Nageotte-oops, Mark Teixeira). I can never stay on a project for more than a few months.

Educational background: Graduated Cornell University in 2007 with a BA in molecular and cellular biology. Was awarded a 1-year fellowship to do research at the NIH (did my research on cystic fibrosis). I'm now a first-year med student at Northwestern University. I'm hoping to be a radiologist in the future. Good money, don't have to put up with crap from patients.

stlalways94

Aug 7, 2008
Name: John Yeley
Who I collect: Miguel Cabrera, Cardinals, TTM's, and HOF autographs.

About me: I am a freshman in HS. I am also a pitcher of my school JV team, and a bunch of other teams throughout the area. I am pretty obsessed with anything sports-related.

onehrk

Aug 7, 2008
San Diego, CA
Name: Dylan Hallman

What I collect: Really anything that catches my eye. I was heavily into Zito and other A's before heading off to college and now I have had to limit my spending significantly due to other priorities.

About me: I'm currently a junior at University of California, San Diego and majoring in Philosophy. Well finishing off my undergraduate work, I have taken the pre-requisites for medical school as well so as to put me in position to apply to both law and medical schools when I am finished.

Halonut

Aug 7, 2008
name: blake boisseranc
what i collect: 90% of my collection focuses on autos and rookie cards of angels; past, present and future.
about me: i am a married father of 1 and i live in southern california. i work for a beer distributor as a merchandising supervisor and front a punk band called dik for brains in my free time.

teachervido

Aug 7, 2008
Fresh Meadows, NY
Nikobaseball said:
Name: Zach Okin
Collect: Prospects, Laporta, Colorful stuff. Occasionally high end HOF stuff.
About me: Live in Queens, NY. Go to school in the Bronx. Attend HS, currently a Junior. Play for the tennis team.

Bronx Science? I went to Cardozo!

trcardcollector

Aug 9, 2008
Name - Tony Rost
Age - 16

What I collect - Adrian Cardenas (although I'm not thrilled about him being traded to the A's. Chris Parmelee, high(er) end David Wright and Mets, Texas Longhorns, and Michigan football players featured in their college uni's. I also collect GU memorabilia.

About me - I'm a student at Centennial Public School in Utica, Nebraska. I'm a sophomore. I play football and run track. Strong safety and center in football and in track I run the 400, 4x4, and 4x1. I race stock cars in the summer, I've won some A features, and I've also had some pretty bad crashes, it's my favorite hobby.

zookerman182

Aug 17, 2008
Huntsville, AL
Name: Matt Zook

What I Collect: I collected cards for about 15 years then switched over to game used memorabilia. Now all i collect is anything Alcides Escobar. I have 6 game used bats and 2 game used jerseys of his and im always on the lookout for more. I just recently got back into collecting cards when I saw a certain Brewers prospect card and decided to start stashing. I plan to reveal my stash in a couple months. Other than that i love anything brewers.

About me: I am 23 years old and married for almost 8 months. I live in an upstairs apartment in Huntsville Alabama and my wife is a nurse in the neonatal department. I have a beagle named penny who is 9 months old and i work at a resteraunt called Bonefish Grill. I go to tons of Huntsville Stars games (Brewers AA) because i live 5 minutes from the stadium. I also get in this forum for probably 2 hours a day. Its starting to remind me of what the "other" forum was like when it was awesome. I also hope to take the 14 hour drive to Milwaukee for a few Brewers game this season.

bricewaynebisel

Jan 27, 2009
Oklahoma City, OK
Brice Bisel, 22, Oklahoma City, OK.

Collect: Rickey Henderson, Bryant Reeves, and guys I have played against in the past, (Lucas French, Ben Krosschell, David Aardsma, etc).

About me: Just graduated from CSU-Pueblo with a bachelor's in English. Was an all conference baseball player there and had a contract with Yarmouth Dennis in the Cape before I blew out my shoulder the first time. 90 mph was no more, and I blew it out a second time after surgery, so coached my last year there. Just moved to OKC hoping to attend law school in the fall getting my J.D. in oil and natural gas law, with a little contract law on the side in case any of my old teammates need an agent down the road.

Members online