Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Why is there no hobby love for Jon Pettibone?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Bob Loblaw

Aug 21, 2008
Bright House Field
His stuff is selling for relative pennies compared to fringe prospects and even Tyler Cloyd's stuff last year after a late season call up.

3 games started --

2-0, 3.24 ERA, 2 BB, 13 Ks, 16.2 IP, WHIP of 1.20....

I don't get this hobby sometimes.

markakis8

Oct 31, 2008
I think most of the fair weather fans that came out of hibernation in 2007-2010 have gone back to sleep, IMO. The Phillies just don't have that same spark in the media like they had going strong for 4-5 years. Halladay is hurt, Hamels is sucking and Utley, Rollins, and Howard are 1/2 of what they used to be. Three popular players - Werth, Victorino, and Pence - are all gone. Why be excited about a rookie that wasn't hyped?

chompsmcgee

Jan 24, 2010
Phoenix, AZ
Maybe, but to Jeff's point, Vance Worley, JA Happ, Kyle Kendrick and many other Phillies pitching prospects have had similar and shorter runs and brought crazy returns. And none of them had any real hype before arriving in the majors.

Maybe the fans are starting to catching on. If that stable of pedestrian hurlers yielded solid returns what might a real thoroughbred bring once called up? Biddle me that.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts