Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Ebay shipping question

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

gmsieb

Apr 19, 2011
I haven't had time to really read through and understand a few of the emails I have rcvd lately from ebay, I'm hoping someone here has.
Are they going to force us to use global shipping?

• [FONT=Arial, Helvetica]Provisions regarding Global Shipping Program. We added provisions describing the Global Shipping Program, through which we may make your domestic U.S. listings available to international buyers. For items that are located in the United States and that you sell through the Global Shipping Program, you will simply ship the sold item to a parcel processing facility located in the United States, where a third party global technology and shipping provider will oversee the processing, customs clearance, and international shipment of the item to the buyer. Buyers will pre-pay all applicable shipping and import charges during checkout and will benefit from international tracking of the item from the parcel processing facility through delivery.

Unless you have previously opted into the Global Shipping Program or are a new user, we may make your eligible new and existing listings available to international buyers through the Global Shipping Program only after you have indicated a desire to take advantage of this program in the form of an electronic click-through acceptance of the User Agreement or otherwise. Your participation in the Global Shipping Program will be subject to additional terms and conditions, including an agreement with that provider for the provision of its services to you.

See Frequently Asked Questions for more information about this User Agreement update as it applies to the Global Shipping Program.

[/FONT]
  • [FONT=Arial, Helvetica]Updates relating to eBay's process of amending the User Agreement and users' acknowledging acceptance of it. We updated the provision regarding the process by which the User Agreement may be amended and added a provision describing how a user may be asked to acknowledge acceptance of it.
    [/FONT]
[FONT=Arial, Helvetica]

At the bottom of the email(not pasted here), it says no further action is required. If you don't wish to accept the new agreement, go to the help page. There is a link and when you hit it, you are sent to a page that explains how to close your account.

Anyone have the answer?

Thanks

[/FONT]

padremurph

Aug 7, 2010
I think I remember reading that you'll ship it to an address in the US and then they'll ship it globally.

gmsieb

Apr 19, 2011
I think I remember reading that you'll ship it to an address in the US and then they'll ship it globally.

I understand that part of the global shipping program. My question is, are they going to force us to use it? As of now, global shipping was
an option you could use, but it was up to you as a seller. The way this reads, it sounds like they may take that option away and you will
have to sell to international buyers.

Members online