Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

BCCG 10 = BGS 10????!!!!!!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Keyser Soze

Nov 9, 2010
The Woodlands, TX
I stumbled on the fact that my BCCG 7 Leaf Valiant Black Anthony Rendon is listed on BGS's population report. In my opinion, it would be an EGREGIOUS error on BGS' part to skew their population reports by lumping in the BGS grades with the, by design, inferior BCCG graded cards.

To prove/disprove this, I looked up BCCG 10 cards on eBay and tried to find a unique one. The one i found was a 2008 Bowman Chrome Prospects Sergio Romo base, not because it's unique, but because not many would be graded. Looking up the card on the population report, I see this:

romo pop.JPG

Now, looks shocking to me that out of 26 total graded cards, that 24 of them graded a BGS 10 Pristine!!! However, it's much more reasonable that BGS, in their infinite wisdom, lumps BCCG 10 "Mint or Better" cards in with the BGS 10 "Pristine" cards on their population report. In my opinion, this revelation (or maybe this is only a revelation to me??) completely destroys the legitimacy of their population reports.

Last edited:

Keyser Soze

Nov 9, 2010
The Woodlands, TX
AND just to confirm, when I recorded the serial number of this BCCG 10 Romo:

Sergio Romo Giants 2008 Bowman Chrome Prospects Rookie BGS BCCG 10 Mint | eBay

And cross reference it with the BGS pop report, the same serial-number shows up there as a 10, along with a bunch of other 10's that you can presume, based on them being in numerical order, were all subbed together to the cheaper BCCG, given 10 "Mint or better" but show up in BGS pop report as 10 "Pristine"

Beckett.com

RStadlerASU22

Jan 2, 2013
I am not sure why they would want to do that? Either it's a overlooked error or they want to show they give out hi grades? To keep their hi grades in demand I would think they would want to fix this ASAP to correct the true population of a card.

Ryan

Keyser Soze

Nov 9, 2010
The Woodlands, TX
So in my 2nd example, Beckett does exclude the BCCG cards from the population report. I grabbed a 2002 Upper Deck Prospect Premieres James Loney BCCG 10:

James Loney 2002 Upper Deck UD Prospect Premier Rookie Card Graded BCCG 10 RC | eBay

And when I look at the population report, it shows ZERO graded as a "10".

When you click on the set to look at each graded card, you can see numerous 10's that, because they do not show the subgrades", you can presume are the BCCG 10's. But I am happy to see that those cards do NOT show up in the population report like the Romo and my Rendon does

Beckett.com

So, sometimes they do and sometimes they don't?

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts