Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Delmon Young - Is 2009 His Big Breakout year??

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Pinbreaker

Aug 7, 2008
Laguna Niguel, CA
You wouldn't happen to be watching MLB Network would you?

They are showing the Young's.. Dimitri and Delmon and the issues they had to go to to get to the Big's..

Pretty good background on them..

wolfmanalfredo

Aug 7, 2008
Minnesota
He's looking good in spring training so far, there are numerous other threads discussing this so I don't fee like doing another long breakdown.

aw00d05

Dec 18, 2008
Wouldn't surprise me if be brokeout but wouldn't really surprise me if he didn't play well.

fengzhang

Aug 10, 2008
Chicago, IL
He's always going to have the "tools" but he's shown me nothing the last 2 years. 2007 was excusable to some extent but he should've improved last year which he did not.

matchpenalty

Jan 12, 2009
North East
Homer Dome is a more of a pitcher's park than a home run park. I see him at best being a 20 HR 80 RBI guy. If he starts out slow again, he could find a lot of bench time.

nikateen

Aug 7, 2008
sheetskout said:
Derek2011 said:
Is he even going to start in that loaded OF?

I'd say that Span is the guy on the outside right now. Even after a solid first year in 08.

It's between Cuddy and Young for the RF spot from what I hear in Minnesota. Span and Gomez are locked in at LF-CF. I am not a big fan of Gomez (his plate discipline is atrocious) but he is easily one of the best defensive CF's in baseball. Span is also an amazing fielder and much more patient at the plate.

Craig - 21hawk

Aug 7, 2008
St. Paul, MN
1) I've been saying in each prediction thread that if Young gets the ABs this is his year;

2) Gomez will end up getting the fewest ABs in the outfield; and

3) Bo, love the new sig. It's awesome.

Craig

MaineMule

Aug 7, 2008
Maine of course......
Big Mac McGwire said:
Pinbreaker said:
You wouldn't happen to be watching MLB Network would you?

They are showing the Young's.. Dimitri and Delmon and the issues they had to go to to get to the Big's..

Pretty good background on them..

hahah yea im watching it.

...that was a very interesting "inside look" into both players. I stumbled across it last night and was glued to the television. Some of the scenese with the father were quite interesting- his intensity on the field was crazy.

Members online

Latest posts