Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Dang! Nike investigators @ the local hobby shop

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

aarne13

Oct 15, 2008
The Permian Basin
I stopped by the shop to pick up some supplies/packs on the way home. As I was going through the assorted bins several Feds walk in the store. They hone in on the owner, before too long they are in the back discussing fake jerseys, distributors etc. An investigator from Nike was also there plus a few other guys taking pictures of the jerseys in the store. I was asked to check out at that point. Yikes! That's the first time I've seen anyone with Fed badges close down a store to investigate. Has anyone else seen that?

aarne13

Oct 15, 2008
The Permian Basin
I never buy any memorabilia. The issue here was with knock off jerseys, not the autos. The owner goes to all the major shows to get stuff signed.

predatorkj

Aug 7, 2008
Those things are everywhere. They (the feds) were at some Super Bowl events a handful of years ago doing the same thing. Also, people have supposedly been getting the boot from eBay too.

shayscards79

Aug 17, 2010
Chicago
Nike must be pissed that their $250 elite jerseys are being knocked off and sold for $100-120 and you can't even tell the difference. Id know, that's how I got my Andrew Luck jersey. What do they expect?

I agree though, pretty crazy they've taken it down to the LCS level.

bmc398

May 25, 2009
Those things are everywhere. They (the feds) were at some Super Bowl events a handful of years ago doing the same thing. Also, people have supposedly been getting the boot from eBay too.

Nobody buys the real ones anymore to display or get signed.....can't blame Nike and the feds for wanting to nip this in the bud!

Pine Tar

Mar 1, 2009
Oswego,Illinois
I would have snapped photos of it as I was in the store. I also would have told the Fed I'm not ready to checkout and would have confined to look for deal : lol:

Sent from my Desire HD using Freedom Card Board mobile app

nappyd

Sep 24, 2012
Nike must be pissed that their $250 elite jerseys are being knocked off and sold for $100-120 and you can't even tell the difference. Id know, that's how I got my Andrew Luck jersey. What do they expect?

I agree though, pretty crazy they've taken it down to the LCS level.

Yeah they're nice but not $250 nice to get something that may look and feel authentic but isn't made as well as the real jerseys are

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Freedom Card Board mobile app

Brewer Andy

Aug 10, 2008
I on the other hand would get the real deal signed and displayed and wear the knock off. I can't keep mustard off anything and no way I'd wear a $250 jersey to a ballpark lol

cstmleather

Jan 14, 2009
I on the other hand would get the real deal signed and displayed and wear the knock off. I can't keep mustard off anything and no way I'd wear a $250 jersey to a ballpark lol

I'm amazed at how many people I see wearing autographed jerseys to games. See this a lot when I go to see the LA Kings.

clarkzac

Oct 31, 2010
I'm amazed at how many people I see wearing autographed jerseys to games. See this a lot when I go to see the LA Kings.

If my Denard Span autographed jersey was the right size I would have no problem wearing it. Its PSA authenticated, but I have a Game Used autographed jersey that I keep tucked away. With my situation I would not be losing much if I ruined the one by wearing it

aarne13

Oct 15, 2008
The Permian Basin
The only gamer that I have is wayyyyy to big for me to wear. If I could get any of my non-official jerseys signed I would still wear them to games.

Not the Feds but I was in a local flea market like boutique looking at cards when about 6 or so deputies and swat looking dudes came through looking for stolen jewelry. The swat looking fellas had shoulder strapped smgs. They took one guy into an office and business went on as usual.

I'm old Greg

bmc398

May 25, 2009
Not the Feds but I was in a local flea market like boutique looking at cards when about 6 or so deputies and swat looking dudes came through looking for stolen jewelry. The swat looking fellas had shoulder strapped smgs. They took one guy into an office and business went on as usual.

I'm old Greg

Do you live in Colombia?.....South America, not South Carolina.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts