Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Player Collectors- "Printer's Scrap"

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Mozzie22

Aug 7, 2008
I've always been partial to the term, "Printer's Scrap" when referring to any card that left the factory in error or incomplete. Cards with wrong backs, missing ink colors, missing foil, etc... were common place in the 1980's and 1990's. I've never actively sought out these cards with the exception of the 1982 Topps Blackless and a few others but recently I picked up a card that reminded me of another. These cards aren't normally cataloged by Beckett or SCD, but I was just wondering if you other player collectors enjoy/collect these as well or not really.

Recent arrival:
1994 Ultra (missing foil)

and 1991 Stadium Club (missing foil)

RStadlerASU22

Jan 2, 2013
Yes I do and am I retested in Clark's like this. Will pay some premium. I recently sold a Mattingly 95 Donruss missing the foil on eBay for $27 , so yes there is a market

Ryan

ASTROBURN

Jun 23, 2011
Santa Cruz, CA
I definitely have the 91 stadium club missing foil, but i also try to get others on the cheap. I recently got a 93 Topps with a blank back, and theres a guy with a 2000 Black Diamond Jim Thome with Bagwell on the back, but he wants ten shipped and Im not gonna spend that much just for an error card. I mean, its cool, but not ten bucks cool. And this is coming from a guy that buys cameos where all I see is Bagwells arm!

Krom

Jun 13, 2010
Long Island
I like printing errors. I have pulled a few. The Reyes rc is cool because i have the other card that is its match.