Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Sportlots.com remodel...thoughts?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

DaClyde

Jan 17, 2010
Huntsville, AL
I was trying to fill an order this morning, and ran into the "maintenance" period, and only just got back in, and though I was at SportsBuy somehow. Well he's finally graduated to early 2000s technology! Best new feature, I think, is the addition of seach capability for the auctions. FINALLY!

I guess that's something that really separates FCB for lots of other sports card sites. Chris tries to keep up with technology from at least the last 5 years or so, while most sites are still learning how CSS and frames work.

Last edited:

Sly

Aug 7, 2008
Doesn't appear to be that much different. Seems like just the menu bar is up top and when you click on something, it brings up what it used to look like in the center section. With that, the "Sportlots Loot" seems like a pretty cool idea and a good way to encourage customers to come back to your stuff, and good way to reward customers who keep coming back.

Anthony

Nov 20, 2008
San Diego area
I wish I could figure out a way to more easily filter searches for the sellers already in my cart (rather than filtering after each and every search).

Card Magnet

Jan 24, 2009
Pennsylvania
I would not use SportLots because of the terrible layout and functionality. I'll have to check out the update.

Sent from the FCB Droid app, which means I'm probably on the crapper.

moxacaine

Administrator
Aug 7, 2008
Fredericksburg, VA
Ill take sport lots over comc any day. I absolutely hate that you can't just straight up buy stuff. You have to put money into your acct then you can make offers. So dumb.

DaClyde

Jan 17, 2010
Huntsville, AL
Ill take sport lots over comc any day. I absolutely hate that you can't just straight up buy stuff. You have to put money into your acct then you can make offers. So dumb.

Clearly you are confused. Those are two entirely different things. You can either buy straight up OR you can put money in your account and make offers. That has always been the case at COMC.

Anthony

Nov 20, 2008
San Diego area
Just put in another sportlots order for cards to get signed at a Storm game later this month. It's just the most consistent, cheap site for RCs to get signed.

cgilmo

Administrator
Aug 6, 2008
Alpharetta, Georgia, United States
Clearly you are confused. Those are two entirely different things. You can either buy straight up OR you can put money in your account and make offers. That has always been the case at COMC.

many many many COMC sellers price cards at goofy prices to fish for offers, even on cheap cards.

Most of the inventory is not priced to move without an offer.

Card Magnet

Jan 24, 2009
Pennsylvania

It beats having a bunch of deadbeats making offers like on ebay. I applaud that aspect of their site.

moxacaine

Administrator
Aug 7, 2008
Fredericksburg, VA

exactly, i dont want to have to put money in an account to make offers, just put my card on file.

moxacaine

Administrator
Aug 7, 2008
Fredericksburg, VA
It beats having a bunch of deadbeats making offers like on ebay. I applaud that aspect of their site.

it goes both ways people list $1 cards for $40 which is $30 over book value and you can only offer half the asking price. Ive used COMC maybe 3 times and will probably never use it again. Very few sellers on there actually looking to move cards.

theacox

Jan 19, 2013
I have stayed away from sportlots the last few years because it was soooooooooo slow. Seems like they made a server upgrade too. I'll be checking it now.

dgrimes248

Aug 7, 2008
I use sportslots often, but I don't see any searching improvements. in fact, for me, it's worse. I used to just click recently listed cards and it would bring up a menu with the new listings and the total number of cards that were for sale in each category. I don't see that feature available now....there's no easy way to determine if more cards have been recently added to each category. i'll still use the site but it could easily be so much better with a little effort on the part of the owner.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts