Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

**************** Sunday Morning Thread ************ 5/12

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Status
Not open for further replies.

MojoDan

Aug 22, 2008
Since our weather comes from the west, I'd like to thank Dan for a perfect grillin' Sunday!!:D
It's nice here too. And the past two nights have been horrible (fantastic) outside. Best thunder/lightning storms thus far this year.

Enfuego79

Jan 21, 2013
Deltona, FL
Morning all! It's raining here in the North Country, so plan on staying home today. Happy Mother's Day to all the special women in your lives.

CAROLINA BOSOX

Aug 12, 2008
Goose Creek, SC
Good morning, guys.

Watched the RiverDogs beat Barry's Crawdads last night, caught my first foul ball, only because my 12 year old "allowed" me to.:wink:

It was Recreation Dept night so the place was crawling with kids having a blast, made it much more enjoyable.

Pine Tar

Mar 1, 2009
Oswego,Illinois
Morning kiddies

We went out for dinner last night at steak house to celebrate mothers day early. Meet the young lady server named Olivia has 2 kids going to school for nursing and said she had to work tomorrow in mothers day.

Well if you follow me on facebook I'm having great luck with scratch off tickets winning about 450.00 until yesterday I hit one for 1K. The wife does not want me to post that in facebook until I get the money on Monday. But ill post it today sometime anyway.

Well getting back to the dinner the bill comes and its around 110 with everything. Had a gift card for 25 takes the bill down to 85 before tip.
So I tell my wife that since this very sweet girl has to work tomorrow and is going to do mommy's day on Monday her day off, I'm going to tip her well. She says ok its your money.

Ok since the bill was originally 110 and the tip would have been 22 since I tip 20% most of the time anyway. And since we had a gift card for 25 bucks thus reducing the bill. And I had won that 1k in the lottery hours before. I gave that young lady a 50 tip on a 85 tab.
22 tip +25 gift card reduction and then just arounded it up to an even 50.

I told her when she gets time off to take her 2 girls out and enjoy them, they will be all grown up before you know it. Also she was to buy her something with that as well. We wished her sucess in nursing and where ever life may take her and her daughter's. But I said she could not look at the bill until after she gave me a hug and promised to try and do what I said to her. She did and then walked away to the kitchen area. I saw her open the bill book and looked towards us and we all just smiled and she disappeared into the kitchen.

As we finished our drinks
The manager came over to tell us that Olivia was greatly appreciated by our gift and that she was in the kitchen crying and could not come out and tell us herself. I told the Manager that when Olivia graduates next year it may be tough to replace her since has a very good out going personality and nursing seemed to be her calling.

She agreed and off we went.

Sorry for the long read today this morning and I hope this does not come off as bragging, but I just thought I would share the worth as they say and make someone's day a little bit better in the process.

Happy mother's day
Richard
Sent from my Desire HD using Freedom Card Board mobile app

Last edited:

MansGame

Sep 25, 2009
Dallas, TX
Good morning gents!

Happy Mothers Day for all those mothers out there!

Richard - Great story and very generous of you. Good man.

AmishDave

Featured Contributor, Collector Showcase, Senior M
Sep 19, 2009
Ely, MN
Good morning all. It's a balmy 32 degrees out right now ...

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts