Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Ending listings the Sunday before Memorial Day, Bad idea?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

ballerskrip

Aug 7, 2008
Chicago Area
I am heading out of town soon, and wanted to list about 75 items so that they end when I return. Just realized that they would end Sunday before memorial day.

Hmmmm, I have to at least contemplate if this is a bad idea.

Does anyone avoid that particular day?

Matt

JEBJJA

Aug 11, 2008
South Jersey- Near Philly
I try to avoid all holiday ebay sales but this past Sunday I had a few things listed on Mother's Day but it seems like most people are back home by 9:00 at night because it seems like an "early day celebrated holiday" as I call it. It has to at least take some attention away from sales though. Memorial Day weekend is huge and will cost you $$$$$ in sales so just either take the week off from sales or end them like Wednesday after the weekend.

Pine Tar

Mar 1, 2009
Oswego,Illinois
No I have never worried about a auction ending the day before a holiday. I have actually done well with this in the past, and even have had some BINS hit on the actual holiday. True buyers will set snipes long before they end anyway and then go back on Sunday and even Monday to see if they won.

List that shat up and don't worry about it. Oh and since I'll be off for a 4 day weekend that weekend, I'll be a buying mother-foo on Sunday and even Monday.

Members online