Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

When will card companies like Razor and Panini realize.......

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Super Mario

Mar 1, 2009
Mushroom Kingdom
...........that collectors do NOT want second rate knock off versions of products that were once popularized by OTHER baseball card companies?????

We all loved Dufex and EEE and whatnot. But these new versions aren't going to cut the mustard.

Uuuuuuuugh!

Bob Loblaw

Aug 21, 2008
Bright House Field
Razor's dead.

By the way, I'm surprised no one mentioned it, but I saw a few weeks ago that Leaf was being sued by Panini over copyright issues to the Crusade/Valiant similarities.

It's like David and MAddie from Moonlighting, Sam & DIane from Cheers, JD & Elliott from Scrubs.... Panini and Leaf should just fug the hell out of one another and be done with it. You know they want to.

cstmleather

Jan 14, 2009
...........that collectors do NOT want second rate knock off versions of products that were once popularized by OTHER baseball card companies?????

We all loved Dufex and EEE and whatnot. But these new versions aren't going to cut the mustard.

Uuuuuuuugh!

Panini is DLP(Now DPP?)... they actually bought off an existing company. Not sure why they let go of "Leaf", but they obviously own all the sub brands(Limited, Certified, etc). So far people seem to want the "knockoffs", especially on the NBA side.

cmnkb8

Nov 17, 2009
The Armpit of America: NEW JERSEY!
There is definitely a niche for the "knockoffs". Just because YOU don't collect them, doesn't mean no one else does.

FYI, EEE actually started in 2004 without MLB logos, even though DLP had a license back then. Something to do with Topps/Bowman exclusive rights to MLB cards of prospects...

Last edited:

jrinne

Sep 25, 2008
Sweet, another thread about how someone doesn't like this stuff. These never get old.

Austin

Aug 7, 2008
Dallas, Texas
By the way, I'm surprised no one mentioned it, but I saw a few weeks ago that Leaf was being sued by Panini over copyright issues to the Crusade/Valiant similarities.

It's like David and MAddie from Moonlighting, Sam & DIane from Cheers, JD & Elliott from Scrubs.... Panini and Leaf should just fug the hell out of one another and be done with it. You know they want to.
I predict that BG will sell Leaf to Panini within the next two years.
Just a hunch.

Anthony K.

Aug 7, 2008
Enterprise, Alabama
Sweet, another thread about how someone doesn't like this stuff. These never get old.

Sam's my boy and all, but this is his SECOND thread on not liking certain cards in the hobby (non-licensed was the last one).

It gets tiring reading about someone's complaints. Why waste the energy to complain about something you don't like? Put that energy into the things you DO like and praise them instead.

WJCIII

Dec 30, 2008
We get it, you don't like unlicensed cards. How about moving on to something positive, Mr. Downer?

BBCgalaxee

Sep 9, 2011
Whether a baseball product is dual, single or player licensed, atleast it gives collectors an option beyond the typical robotic sets topps puts out.

jrinne

Sep 25, 2008
Sam's my boy and all, but this is his SECOND thread on not liking certain cards in the hobby (non-licensed was the last one).

It gets tiring reading about someone's complaints. Why waste the energy to complain about something you don't like? Put that energy into the things you DO like and praise them instead.

One thread too many, we get it he doesn't like them. Now move on and find something else to hate.

Erich

Aug 26, 2008
Anywhere Delta goes.

Uuuuuuuugh!

We get it, you don't like these cards, making the second thread about in a couple of weeks really helps. Now back to your cave.

Leaf

Aug 7, 2008
Like Cardcop.

I respect what BG has done but to say that his mission is to help the hobby is absolutely ridiculous. His mission is to make money, just as any business owners is.

Actually both... As you will see soon... BG

Members online

Latest posts