Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

eBay case, protected the seller (me)

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

bja613

Jan 6, 2009
Norman, OK
I put up 20 Bowman codes on eBay and said I could email the codes if the buyer requested it. I have sold hundreds of codes from base Topps this way and the buyer always sends a message with their payment or a separate message right after the purchase. This person waited until after I had printed the label and took it to the post office to request the codes. The buyer also threatened negative feedback if I didn't email the codes. I was able to get the package back and email the codes. I still re-sent the package to protect myself with delivery confirmation.

Fast forward three days and I get an item not as described case opened against me and the buyer claims they "accidentally" opened the case against me. Of course the codes were invalid and the buyer wanted a refund. I chose not to respond at all except for the delivery confirmation number. The case was escalated today and I reported to eBay all the facts of the transaction.

Then a few hours after I report the bidder, I get an email I've never seen before. It says
"eBay opened a case because of an issue with an item purchased from you. We reviewed the case and have decided to issue the buyer a refund of $8.35 without any impact to you. The refund includes the purchase price plus original shipping."

I don't see how this helps at all. The buyer now knows they can get a refund without hurting sellers. If anyone wants to block that sells codes, the id is cardsforsale2012.

Members online

Latest posts