Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

My Nifty Little Clemente/McCutchen Coincidence

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

gmarutiak

Jul 23, 2010
Baltimore, MD
On Sunday, I purchased two cards on ebay that I've had my eye on for a short time, a 2012 Topps Clemente/McCutchen Golden Moments out of 50, and a 2013 Heritage Clemente/McCutchen out of 64.

When placing my bids (read: snipes), I never thought to look at the serial numbers on either of them.

I got them both in this week, and I noticed that they both had serial number 43. At first I thought that it was a pretty cool coincidence. Then, after thinking about it a little more, I realized that 43 is what you get when you add Clemente's jersey number with McCutchen's!

I'm probably the only nerd would find this sort of thing cool, but I'm really glad to have both in my collection.

AmishDave

Featured Contributor, Collector Showcase, Senior M
Sep 19, 2009
Ely, MN
I always like getting matching serial numbers, especially of parallel's. So, you're not the only one who finds this cool :p

SteelBrad

Mar 2, 2013
Not nearly as cool as your pickups but I pulled all three out of one pack and was happy. The Madlock is an sp. :)

ImageUploadedByFreedom Card Board1368919896.360553.jpg

Members online