Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

question about a really unique recent pick up....

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

jess0304

Oct 10, 2012
I recently purchased a large collection ranging from books to autographs, to cartoon production cels and some cards.

In this lot was a really unique item and I'd like to get some opinions.....I will have pictures later tonight or tomorrow...

It's a Charles Manson signed prison document from when he was written up for misconduct. The signature is not authenticated, but the inmate MUST sign this document in the presence of the issuing officer. It comes with a letter from the original owner to the a buyer giving it some provenance.

Is signed manson stuff even allowed on ebay? I can't seem to find any.

Any thoughts on what something like this is worth? Or what I should list it for?

Thanks.

cmixer

Aug 9, 2008
I know there are collectors - Craigslist if nowhere else.

Sent from my SPH-M580 using Sports Cards by Freedom Card Board.com

jess0304

Oct 10, 2012
Thanks. Any idea what to price something like this at? I just can't find anything at all on him...

AmishDave

Featured Contributor, Collector Showcase, Senior M
Sep 19, 2009
Ely, MN
Wow. Wish I had some coin for that Manson, as that'd be an AWESOME piece to the collection :p

nyc3

Aug 20, 2008
It's a Charles Manson signed prison document from when he was written up for misconduct. The signature is not authenticated, but the inmate MUST sign this document in the presence of the issuing officer. It comes with a letter from the original owner to the a buyer giving it some provenance.

Is signed manson stuff even allowed on ebay? I can't seem to find any.

Any thoughts on what something like this is worth? Or what I should list it for?

Thanks.

I am not sure what you mean by this? Not saying yours is fake but you do understand someone can just print that document that says that and then forge a signature right? Just because it says that on the paper and you have a coa from who knows dont make it legit. Contact PSA and get it authenticated.

200lbhockeyplayer

Aug 10, 2008
I am not sure what you mean by this? Not saying yours is fake but you do understand someone can just print that document that says that and then forge a signature right? Just because it says that on the paper and you have a coa from who knows dont make it legit. Contact PSA and get it authenticated.

Definitely get it authenticated. Prison documents shouldn't really be leaving the prison so who knows if it's real.

predatorkj

Aug 7, 2008
Something like that would be a very unique piece to own. But it would be a little creepy too...

jess0304

Oct 10, 2012
Just got back from dinner.....catching up on this past week's criminal minds episode then hitting the sheets....scans tomorrow!

Members online

Latest posts