Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Anyone have a large safe for their cards??

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Hendersonfan

May 2, 2011
Buckeye Country
I have one at my mom's house that I am trying to figure out how to get here. It's an old Post Office safe.

Sent from my DROID X2 using Freedom Card Board mobile app

BunchOBull

Dec 12, 2008
Houston, TX
Liberty Safes have some of the best home-line models on the market. A more cost friendly alternative is Bighorn Safes (Costco sells them), which have a lot of the high end features more expensive safes have, for a much more moderate price (1/5th of it's higher end counterparts).

smapdi

Aug 7, 2008
I've been wanting to get a safe for years. They sell some at WM or Office Depot/Max, but they're about 1.5 cu ft for $150 or so. For cards and other papers, I expect they're fine. But I've got lots of slabbed cards, not to mention comics, that would require either multiple safes or a big gun safe, which are expensive. Doesn't look like Costco carries Big Horn safes any more, but Walmart.com lists a 10.6 cu ft gun safe for $1300.

I am curious about the electronic versus combo lock. Has anyone actually had an electronic lock in a fire? It would seem to me that the electronics would get damaged in a real fire before the combination hardware would. I see that they're rated for however many degrees, but it still seems pretty wonky to me.

BenG76

May 15, 2013
Fancy Gap, VA
I prefer a combination over one of the electronic locks. My gun safe was around 800 dollars. I bought mine from a gun shop that bought a bunch of them at once and they had them on sale.

Sent from my SCH-R760 using Freedom Card Board mobile app

Hendersonfan

May 2, 2011
Buckeye Country
Here's my Postal Safe. It's about 3.5' high, 2' wide and 2' deep. The junk inside will be removed. The wooden drawers slide out and I feel like some 1 screws or similar would fit nicely.

1371433797792.jpg

Last edited:

Hendersonfan

May 2, 2011
Buckeye Country
My wife's uncle said he can get a trailer to get it here, just need to figure out a good time to do it.

Gwynn545

Aug 29, 2008
North Seattle
That's a great safe!! Definitely needs some TLC, but only the inside! Keep the outside looking horrible, and thieves will stay away from it!! :D

Latest posts