Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

New and easy way to get eBay completed auction sale prices

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

bradical

Jun 21, 2009
Now you can view more than one at a time, just by searching again.

Pretty nifty way to compare and contrast sales....

cardboardtracker

May 1, 2013
If the completed items search gets overused the feed will stop. Ebay has a 5000 completed item API query cap in place. There's big money in the completed auctions data. Ebay is looking to protect that at all costs.

bradical

Jun 21, 2009
If the completed items search gets overused the feed will stop. Ebay has a 5000 completed item API query cap in place. There's big money in the completed auctions data. Ebay is looking to protect that at all costs.

The completed API is pretty glitchy - I actually use their RSS feeds, much better - and no caps.

cardboardtracker

May 1, 2013
The completed API is pretty glitchy - I actually use their RSS feeds, much better - and no caps.
Gotcha. Cool. Hope that works out for you given the rss feeds are not to be used for programatic access. At least that's what eBay told me. But i'm not saying nothing ;).

bradical

Jun 21, 2009
Gotcha. Cool. Hope that works out for you given the rss feeds are not to be used for programatic access. At least that's what eBay told me. But i'm not saying nothing ;).

I would love to have the problem with 5,000 requests per day through the eBay API. In my initial test through this and SportsCardsList.com - I found the FindCompletedItemsRequest to be very slow and sometimes unresponsive.

cardboardtracker

May 1, 2013
I would love to have the problem with 5,000 requests per day through the eBay API. In my initial test through this and SportsCardsList.com - I found the FindCompletedItemsRequest to be very slow and sometimes unresponsive.

Haha..True. 5000 request would be nice. I use the other API's a ton and all are very responsive. Maybe they purposely sabotage the findCompletedItems Call. Could be the way you interface with it as well. Were you using post or get?

bradical

Jun 21, 2009
Haha..True. 5000 request would be nice. I use the other API's a ton and all are very responsive. Maybe they purposely sabotage the findCompletedItems Call. Could be the way you interface with it as well. Were you using post or get?

I tried both.

I mixed them both with XML and JSON responses and it seemed like there was no clear cut way to get a solid response.

bradical

Jun 21, 2009
Added an infinite scroll to the tabs - now when you reach the bottom of your listings - another 100 auctions will be brought in from eBay.

Casebusters

Aug 14, 2008
Viera, Florida
This is cool.....

As a backup, I am using ebay.ca. and it is working
just change the ebay.com to ebay.ca. (dot ca dot) and you get the final best offer prices

Y4NK335

Aug 7, 2008
TBD
This is cool.....

As a backup, I am using ebay.ca. and it is working
just change the ebay.com to ebay.ca. (dot ca dot) and you get the final best offer prices

Unfortunately, this method no longer works for many, including myself.

[MENTION=3478]bradical[/MENTION], Great job with the site. Very useful! One quick question, I am unable to find certain completed listings on sortsof.com that are showing up as best offers on Ebay. One item in question ended on March 11th, is that too far back for sortsof.com?

bradical

Jun 21, 2009
Unfortunately, this method no longer works for many, including myself.

[MENTION=3478]bradical[/MENTION], Great job with the site. Very useful! One quick question, I am unable to find certain completed listings on sortsof.com that are showing up as best offers on Ebay. One item in question ended on March 11th, is that too far back for sortsof.com?
[MENTION=1928]Y4NK335[/MENTION] try it now. I updated the completed listings to show more than 100 results.

Members online