Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Topps Release Date Changes

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

All In Cards

Super Moderator
Aug 7, 2008
We have a bunch of release date changes for you from Topps:

Archives BB 5/31
Topps 2 BB 6/19
Topps Pro Debut BB 6/26
Topps WBC Tribute BB 6/28
Bowman Inception BB 7/3
Topps Tier One BB 7/17
Allen & Ginter BB 8/7
Finest FB 8/14
Topps Chrome BB 9/18
Topps FB 8/21
Topps MLB Chipz 8/21
Bowman Chrome BB 10/2
Triple Threads BB 10/9
Topps Prime FB 10/9

sigma_chi

Apr 14, 2010
NE Arkansas/SEMO
Have to wait until October before Chrome comes out? That's crazy....used to spend all summer chasing around retail packs of this stuff. Wouldn't surprise me if Draft was pushed back to the first of the year.

MisterT

Mar 7, 2011
Virginia
Archives pushing a few days was a given because of the holiday. They seem to forget about holidays EVERY year.

The rest is just Topps being Topps.

Thanks for the update AIC.

Jaypers

Aug 7, 2008
IL
Have to wait until October before Chrome comes out? That's crazy....used to spend all summer chasing around retail packs of this stuff. Wouldn't surprise me if Draft was pushed back to the first of the year.

Bowman Chrome has released in October the past few years running.

BBCgalaxee

Sep 9, 2011
I honestly think if you walked into the topps board room, you would see monkeys running around in little suits while the Benny Hill theme plays!

So let me get this XXXX straight.

Over the span of 3 months, in the middle of summer, there will be 5 mlb products released & FOUR will have srps of $50-$100 A PACK!

Wait, it gets better because one of those is strictly wbc which took place nearly six months prior & forgotten about.

Ud & panini has to be licking their chops knowing they have a 3 month span to release collector friendly products.

bmc398

May 25, 2009
I honestly think if you walked into the topps board room, you would see monkeys running around in little suits while the Benny Hill theme plays!

Over the span of 3 months, in the middle of summer, there will be 5 mlb products released & FOUR will have srps of $50-$100 A PACK!

Wait, it gets better because one of those is strictly wbc which took place nearly six months prior & forgotten about.

Ud & panini has to be licking their chops knowing they have a 3 month span to release collector friendly products.

I actually think the WBC stuff might be best of the bunch. If not, it will be CHEEEAAAAAAP and quick.

uniquebaseballcards

Nov 12, 2008

Well... we're not talking about anything important per se, just baseball cards LOL.

I like the informal nature of my hobby, but I guess some like it to be more business-like.

bmc398

May 25, 2009
Well... we're not talking about anything important per se, just baseball cards LOL.

I like the informal nature of my hobby, but I guess some like it to be more business-like.

Get what you're saying...I truly do....but for some people (like the owner of the board and the OP) IT IS BUSINESS!

How can you effectively run your business based of off Topps, when Topps doesn't treat it that way? Thats the issue....

I assume you have a job? So what if at work they said hey....its payday Friday, but because we can't do our jobs correctly or take it seriously we are going to have to just get ya next week.

Im sure you'd head right on over to the general chat board to complain. How is that any different than retailers waiting (longer) for these products to come out? Stop me if Im making sense here.

Last edited:

spikes

Jan 2, 2009
We have a bunch of release date changes for you from

Topps WBC Tribute BB 6/28

Been waiting for this one. Any idea on price?

BTW anyone who hit an Alex Rios from this product; please talk to me first!!!!

I think this device used to be called a phone; don't know anymore!

uniquebaseballcards

Nov 12, 2008
Get what you're saying...I truly do....but for some people (like the owner of the board and the OP) IT IS BUSINESS!

How can you effectively run your business based of off Topps, when Topps doesn't treat it that way? Thats the issue....

I assume you have a job? So what if at work they said hey....its payday Friday, but because we can't do our jobs correctly or take it seriously we are going to have to just get ya next week.

Im sure you'd head right on over to the general chat board to complain. How is that any different than retailers waiting (longer) for these products to come out? Stop me if Im making sense here.

Sure, I get it. But actually I definitely wouldn't complain, I'd definitely get a different job!

I understand lots of people make a living on the hobby, and that the hobby needs a small percentage of people to make their living on it. But frankly too many people making their living on the hobby - especially our simple hobby - makes the hobby less fun.

I think Topps gets all of this: The more business-like the hobby gets the less fun it becomes.

Members online