Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Wow... explain THIS Topps!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Ty Hope

Aug 7, 2008
I have been waiting on an Anderson Silva on-card auto since 2010 (redemption).

Not only is he in the new 2013 product, they are on-card...

Called CS and was told that "sometimes these things happen... blah blah blah."

I said if I can't get my 2010, I want a 2013 on-card of his as a replacement near the same #ing (/99).

They are apparently "checking" on that for me now.

Odds are I get either a 2010 OR 2013? Yeah, that's what I thought...

I'm starting to hate this hobby. Lies, deceit, vague wording, faked cards, aftermarket stuff, etc... How is this FUN anymore?

F***, I am pissed off...

George_Calfas

Aug 22, 2008
Urbana
Sucks

I am still waiting on 2011 A&G Rafer Johnson, appearantly he has never under contract to sign.
2012 Kemp and Jr A&G are still unfulfilled while later autos have been released.

Ty Hope

Aug 7, 2008
Wasn't there also controversy with Mcenroe autos from A&G? Something like he was a redemption in 2011 but had autos in 2012?

This is just a plain flat-out slap in the face to the customer. I feel insulted and can no longer buy their products.

George_Calfas

Aug 22, 2008
Urbana
Johnny Mac has both 2011 and 2012 autos due to whatever mix-up. The 2012s were inserted in packs and live prior to the 2011 being shipped to the redemption holders. The additional autos completely sunk the 2011 price.

Ty Hope

Aug 7, 2008
See, that is more of the crap I'm talking about. When did this hobby become so damn... slimy! Best word I can think of. It's just con-men, liars, fakers, etc. anymore.

cmixer

Aug 9, 2008
Different note -- but I hate companies that finally land a signer that's rare & I chase the card to find the company insert the autos in the next 10 products (making it no longer rare).

Sent from my SPH-M580 using Sports Cards by Freedom Card Board.com

nappyd

Sep 24, 2012
Don't get me started with A&G autos... And let's not even mention Mays...

Did anyone even win last year's grand prize(s) in the topps online codes thing for baseball?

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Freedom Card Board mobile app

VandyDan

Dec 5, 2011
The mere fact that redemption cards expire in anything less than five or ten years boggles my mind. After three years, what, topps just gets to keep them? Goodness knows thdont reinsert them into packs.

BenG76

May 15, 2013
Fancy Gap, VA
I am waiting on 3 redemptions at the moment. Two from Topps and one from Panini. How long should I wait before I start calling. They aren't major players but I want to get them. I redeemed the one with Panini back in December. I think if I pull any more I will just sell them. Also I bought some 2008 Topps Chrome a while back when they had some older hobby boxes at Wally world of course I pull an expired redemption of a good player. I think they should have to honor them even if they are older. If they cant send the autograph at least throw you a bone and offer something else.

Ty Hope

Aug 7, 2008
There is absolutely NOTHING good to come from redemptions. They shouldn't be allowed unless for an oversized item that physically doesn't fit in packs.

mjbuchanan80

May 16, 2011
Kansas City
If only there was a lawyer on here that could point people in the right direction of a class action suit...

Seriously, a class action would be valid in Topps case. How many examples could we dig up of false advertising and bait/switch? Have to be at least a few dozen solid ones just on this forum alone.

Sent from my LG-P999 using Freedom Card Board mobile app

BenG76

May 15, 2013
Fancy Gap, VA
If only there was a lawyer on here that could point people in the right direction of a class action suit...

Seriously, a class action would be valid in Topps case. How many examples could we dig up of false advertising and bait/switch? Have to be at least a few dozen solid ones just on this forum alone.

Didn't someone sue Upper Deck already? It seems like I read that a while back.

Ty Hope

Aug 7, 2008
No, they don't care. It's really sad. A hobby that I have enjoyed since my childhood has evolved into THIS. Just pathetic.

mjbuchanan80

May 16, 2011
Kansas City
And how in the hell can expiring redemptions be legal? They are part of the product you are buying!!! It's not like they are a bonus from Topps.

If I buy a 24 count of batteries and I open them up and find two decoys with redemption written on them, Duracell owes me TWO G** D*** BATTERIES...expiration date or not. And they better be the SuperAwesome Lithium G3 Turbos I purchased at $24.99 and not some little watch batteries that cost $.25 a piece.

Members online

Latest posts