Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

2013 Topps Qubi

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

nappyd

Sep 24, 2012
So they can get a Matt Kemp signature for the stamp but not their cards?!?

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Freedom Card Board mobile app

bmc398

May 25, 2009
I think we can all agree that this was not a product made with the collectors on this board in mind.

I will applaud them. In every "Thanks Topps" thread they get harped on for not being more kid friendly. Then when they do they get dumped on by the board. Can they win?

phillyfan0417

Administrator
Aug 7, 2008
Greenfield, Wisconsin, United States
I think we can all agree that this was not a product made with the collectors on this board in mind.

I will applaud them. In every "Thanks Topps" thread they get harped on for not being more kid friendly. Then when they do they get dumped on by the board. Can they win?

they cant win because every product will be judged by people who its not intended for. Its a kids product and like you, I'll applaud them for making something for younger collectors...

Ty Hope

Aug 7, 2008
CAN'T WAIT until the first one passes PSA / DNA or BGS. We all know its going to happen.

uniquebaseballcards

Nov 12, 2008

I'm sure all the major manufacturers think people on this board are often a big pain in the butt! Frankly, they're right - much complaining goes on here.

You're also right in that manufacturers usually aren't trying to target people on this board partially because people here are prone to buy anything; the licencors aren't trying to reach us either as we're generally up on what happens in baseball to begin with.

In the end this product is an interesting odd-ball.

Last edited:

RStadlerASU22

Jan 2, 2013
It can't hurt to try to market to the kids. It obviously isn't a product most of us are looking for but why not for the kids?? None of my daughters are into sports but if kids are like I was at all anymore im sure theres a niche group of buyers for these. And I guess if there was a Will Clark, yeah I'd buy it ;)

Ryan

bmc398

May 25, 2009
I'm sure all the major manufacturers think people on this board are often a big pain in the butt! Frankly, they're right - much complaining goes on here.

You're also right in that manufacturers usually aren't trying to target people on this board partially because people here are prone to buy anything; the licencors aren't trying to reach us either as we're generally up on what happens in baseball to begin with.

In the end this product is an interesting odd-ball.

And you've gotten on to me and lumped me in with those who complain just to complain....and I am certainly not in that group. This is a step forward for the younger collecting generation....plain and simple.

Maybe its a hit? Who knows? Who cares? I think anything to bring kids into the hobby is cool. Most people here who COLLECT....did so because it was a link to their past, something they did with dad, grandpa mom or a sibling. While it still happens, it doesn't happen near as much now as it used to. Now that Dad can go to the store and buy his hobby box and grab a few of these for his kids to check out....seems cool to me.

George_Calfas

Aug 22, 2008
Urbana
With all of the fake tattoos and such I see these being cool for kids.......hell my 3 y/o loves getting stamps at school and soccer.

BBCgalaxee

Sep 9, 2011
I'm usually one who bashes topps (because they mostly deserve it) but this looks ok.

Obviously geared towards kids (imagine THAT from topps), although I'm sure many adults will like them as well.

Brett Keith

Aug 7, 2008
Peoria, IL
I think this is actually one of the better odd-ball ideas I've seen. I've seen some head-scratchers while growing up, and through ebay and message boards, but this makes sense to me. They're interesting and interactive, they're not just going to sit there. If I knew some kids that were baseball fans personally, I'd get some for them.

Members online