Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

The main reason the Reds will most likely be awful again....

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Bill Bray Collector

Aug 7, 2008
“I don’t believe in that on-base percentage (stuff). That’s overrated to me. If you get hits, you’ll be on base. That’s what it’s about.”

Looks like Brandon Phillips is buying into Dusty's philosophy on how OBP is overrated and that walks clog the bases, Good thing we have him hitting cleanup again this year....

Atleast Patterson is gone, oh wait we are paying Willy Taveras even more, for most likely just a little more production....oh joy

Hopefully Im wrong but I dont think we will win until Baker is gone....

EricInCT

Jan 8, 2009
Bill Bray Collector said:
“I don’t believe in that on-base percentage (stuff). That’s overrated to me. If you get hits, you’ll be on base. That’s what it’s about.”

Looks like Brandon Phillips is buying into Dusty's philosophy on how OBP is overrated and that walks clog the bases, Good thing we have him hitting cleanup again this year....

Atleast Patterson is gone, oh wait we are paying Willy Taveras even more, for most likely just a little more production....oh joy

All I know is that Dusty is in lust with Johnny Gomes today after his grand slam I am sure.

Why put someone in left field that can actually run and play defense? After all they are used to liability a la Dunn.

If Dickerson doesn't make the starting lineup opening day it will be a travesty.....speaking of which.......how is the bust of the year (last year was patterdork) Taveras doing? Batting .100 already. Don't see him actually getting on base in 2009 let alone 'stealing 100 bases' ! lol whoever said that is blind :cool:

ChasHawk

Sep 4, 2008
Belvidere, Illinois
Bill Bray Collector said:

+1 - Although that hasn't helped the Cubs either :(

kruzie3

Sep 25, 2008
Cincinnati, OH
The Reds are going to tear it up.. Im so pumped about this season.. Im definitely going to 20 plus games...the Reds are going to do very well... just my biased opinion lol

colts1888

Aug 28, 2008
NY
the least of the Reds concern is Dusty Baker they are awful because they have no pitching and no hitting. Jay Bruce, Phillips and Votto cant do it all. They need to spend some money and get Manny which will help them

Bill Bray Collector

Aug 7, 2008
colts1888 said:
the least of the Reds concern is Dusty Baker they are awful because they have no pitching and no hitting. Jay Bruce, Phillips and Votto cant do it all. They need to spend some money and get Manny which will help them

I disagree, the Reds have a solid amount of talent, mostly young

Bruce, Votto, Encarnacion, Dickerson, Volquez, Cueto, Arroyo, Harang, Cordero among others. Most of the players on the team I do not like and do not have faith in happen to be "Dusty's Guys".

DRav87

Aug 11, 2008
Wisconsin
kruzie3 said:
The Reds are going to tear it up.. Im so pumped about this season.. Im definitely going to 20 plus games...the Reds are going to do very well... just my biased opinion lol

Now this is nice to hear! I am so sick of always hearing the Reds fans bashing everything the Reds do and every decision Dusty Baker makes, I agree Dusty doesn't always make the best moves but it doesn't do any good to bash him because he isn't going anywhere.

kruzie3

Sep 25, 2008
Cincinnati, OH
Reds in 2009 said:
kruzie3 said:

Now this is nice to hear! I am so sick of always hearing the Reds fans bashing everything the Reds do and every decision Dusty Baker makes, I agree Dusty doesn't always make the best moves but it doesn't do any good to bash him because he isn't going anywhere.
I cant bash the Reds.. I dont care how bad they do, which wont happen this year, I have to stick up for my team lol...

cubfan131

Aug 18, 2008
I am sooo glad the Cubs got rid of Dusty. I keep waiting for the Reds to sign Nefi Perez and all the other of Dusty's guys.

Latest posts