Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

eBay/PayPal shipping label question

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

TGutta

May 30, 2010
Minnetonka, Minnesota
So I sold a lot on eBay and put the shipping at 6 ounces. I know that I should just get a scale to weigh the cards, but I don't sell enough to make it worth it for me. I brought the package to the PO today and it came out to 7.1 ounces. In the past I'm pretty sure I just threw a stamp or 2 on the package that was short and it was good, but the PO was trying to charge me an extra $3.00 to make up the difference so I just took the package home. Do I need to void the label and print a new one or can I just throw a stamp or 2 on there and make it good? I went on eBay to see how voiding the label would work, but it didn't really have an option for incorrect weight. Any help would be appreciated!

200lbhockeyplayer

Aug 10, 2008
Just void it with the "postage destroyed option" because you're going to tear it up and throw it away.

No clue as to why they wanted $3 for the difference, but an extra 2 ounces should work so do the new label at 8 oz.

TGutta

May 30, 2010
Minnetonka, Minnesota
That's what I was thinking I was going to have to do. Anybody who has ever done it before know how long it takes the USPS to refund the first label? It was only like $2.21 so it isn't a big deal, just curious. And to answer your above statement, my post office has the worst customer service you could imagine. I try and never have to talk to them when I go in but it's kind of hard when I have a box there.

cmnkb8

Nov 17, 2009
The Armpit of America: NEW JERSEY!
Takes about 2 weeks for the refund to go through and you get your money back in paypal. They wait this long to make sure you don't try to actually still use the label.

IMO, a 5 lb limit $20 postage scale is well worth it even if you only ship stuff once in a while. It prevents the hassle of what you just went through: underestimating weight and then the PO trying to screw you over on the extra postage, and having to print a new label and wait for a refund on the old one.

Erich

Aug 26, 2008
Anywhere Delta goes.
This just happened to me 2 weeks ago. I was out of town and did not have my scale with me, I got a payment for a card lot I had been waiting for a while on and shipped the lot with an estimate. When I got to the post office it was off by an ounce and a half. The PO guy working the counter just added .38 cents to the package. It is an additional 19 cents an ounce. It arrived 2 days later to the buyer.

TGutta

May 30, 2010
Minnetonka, Minnesota
This just happened to me 2 weeks ago. I was out of town and did not have my scale with me, I got a payment for a card lot I had been waiting for a while on and shipped the lot with an estimate. When I got to the post office it was off by an ounce and a half. The PO guy working the counter just added .38 cents to the package. It is an additional 19 cents an ounce. It arrived 2 days later to the buyer.

See that's why I can't stand my PO. I know for a fact I've done that before and just added what was needed, but they were trying to charge me the whole price again.

And thanks Chris, I will have to pick one of those up sometime.

Members online

Latest posts