Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

1989 Bowman Tiffany Grading Question

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

dschol87

May 22, 2013
North Carolina
Hey guys, looking for some input on how to go about grading this Tiffany Griffey. I've only submitted a handful of cards to BGS and have never submitted to PSA, so I'm certainly not an expert when it comes to judging how well a card will grade. I'm hoping worse case is PSA 9/BGS 9 (the surface is excellent). I know it's hard to judge based solely on scans, but any input or advice on which grading company to go with is greatly appreciated. Thanks!

Attachments

• scan0001.jpg
    scan0001.jpg
    352 KB · Views: 42
  • scan0002.jpg
    scan0002.jpg
    437.2 KB · Views: 37

gmsieb

Apr 19, 2011
centering is probaly a 9, so to get a 9.5, you will need to have super clean surface and corners. I graded a few of those, it normally came down to centering and corners.

Good luck. A bgs 9 tiffany grif, is a nice card.

BunchOBull

Dec 12, 2008
Houston, TX
Some of the nicest looking Tiffany examples shockingly come back graded in the nr-mt range or even a little lower. The back edges are extremely susceptible to almost a crimp or rolled edge; be sure to look for that. This example looks like a solid 9, with the potential to go higher on a good day.

Members online

Latest posts