Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Thank you Bowman / Topps - REALLY!!!!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

excel_B

Feb 5, 2009
Baltimore, Maryland
I ordered a 2012 Bowman Sterling case from Andrew (Allincards) back in January, and pulled this damaged:

Look at the bottom left corner - it was badly dented. It looks like someone at the factory dropped it, and put it back in the pack -

As few months have gone by, I admit I forgot about this card, so I decided to write a short letter along with the box that I pulled the card out of a pack, a written order from Andrew and a receipt I paid for to Andrew. That was back a month ago, and then I got this!

I couldn't be happier - thank you very much Bowman / Topps for the exceptional customer service! :)!

RStadlerASU22

Jan 2, 2013
Glad you were able to get something to fix it.

My question is , why wasn't the card you received back in packs or out in the market?

It's a different serial number than the original so why did they have it there available?

Or do you think they purchased it on the 2ndary market to replace?

Just curious....

Ryan

nappyd

Sep 24, 2012
Card companies often times hold back cards for replacements, for instances like this.

I thought they had extras around that could just be restamped with the corresponding number to send out in replacement, not others #/99?

BallCard_Blog

Jan 24, 2013
I am glad to see someone presenting the upside to a topps replacement story. I think it happen that way more than people think. It's just when something bad happens, they post it everywhere, when something pleasant happens there's no need to share.

BallCard_Blog

Jan 24, 2013
And also yes, topps does hold back some cards incase replacements are needed. Some see it as topps trying to screw the collectors out of good cards(such as the one above), but really their just trying to make sure they have adequate cards to replace when needed. They could package everything good and just stock pile low end autos, but is that really better? It doesn't make sense to me that someone would rather have a really good card that happened to be damaged be replaced with 10 low-end autos.

RStadlerASU22

Jan 2, 2013
And also yes, topps does hold back some cards incase replacements are needed. Some see it as topps trying to screw the collectors out of good cards(such as the one above), but really their just trying to make sure they have adequate cards to replace when needed. They could package everything good and just stock pile low end autos, but is that really better? It doesn't make sense to me that someone would rather have a really good card that happened to be damaged be replaced with 10 low-end autos.

I guess my comment was, at least in the past when I had dealt w damaged cards, the stock they held back were unnumbered. They would receive damaged card and stamp the replacement card w that serial number and "destroy" damaged one.

I'm very happy they replaced the RG3 for the same item, I'm sure that is rarer than not.

Ryan

gt2590

Super Moderator
Aug 17, 2008
Near Philly
Has anyone ever heard Officiallly what the ratio/percentage is that the Card Companies "hold back" for replacements?

And how do you they "hold" them for? The same as redemption cards, usually two and a half years or so?

Jedi500

Jan 2, 2009
They probably wait the certain amount of years and then use them for the unmade redemptions

Hendersonfan

May 2, 2011
Buckeye Country
Card companies often times hold back cards for replacements, for instances like this.

I had a damaged Rickey from Donruss and they replaced it with the same number. Topps/Bowman should have done the same. Different number looks fishy to me. They should have a blank or 2 to restamp with whatever number you sent. Makes me wonder how many cards they still have that should be packed out.

Sent from my DROID X2 using Freedom Card Board mobile app

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts