Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

B.J. Upton could be demoted

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

joeya2001

Oct 4, 2012
Ehhh we got Justin out of it. Fair tradeoff lol

Sent from my HTCEVODesign4G using Freedom Card Board mobile app

scotty216brs

Apr 15, 2012
MA
That was an awful contract to give him, what were they thinking? Sending him down might do him some good, but the 'good' is that he won't have to stink up the Braves.

19braves77

Oct 23, 2008
Pensacola, FL
In the back of their minds, Braves brass are hoping he tweeks something and is forced to take a Minor League assignment everyday he takes the field.

BunchOBull

Dec 12, 2008
Houston, TX
Having Bros in the outfield was good press, but now that J.Up is shining, the brass don't need the "Bros" schtick anymore. Sending him down will relieve the masses.

BBCgalaxee

Sep 9, 2011
Think of it like this.

If u picked" upton" as the best off season pickup in your office pool, you're looking great!

And if you had "upton" as the worst off season pickup in your office pool, well, a winner is you.

19braves77

Oct 23, 2008
Pensacola, FL
The everyday lineup should be this:

1. Schafer- CF
2. Simmons- SS
3. Upton- Rf
4. Gattis- LF
5. Freeman- 1st
6. McCann- C
7. Pena- 2nd
8. Johnson- 3rd

brianga26

Aug 7, 2008
Atlanta, GA
I thought it was the dumbest move any team has made in years.. BJ hasn't hit above .250 since his rookie year (correct me if I am wrong)

Huffamaniac

Oct 8, 2008
Wrong. Rookie year was 2004 where he hit . 258. He hit .300 in 07 and .273 in 08. Since 08 his best season batting average wise was last year where he batted .246 but had 28 Hrs

I thought it was the dumbest move any team has made in years.. BJ hasn't hit above .250 since his rookie year (correct me if I am wrong)

jbmm161

Dec 19, 2010
Ft Worth
Overpaid for sure but I don't think the Braves get the same production out of Justin without having his brother there. Justin is happy and producing because of it. I bet a part BJ has to be a little jealous of his brothers success and a demotion would probably makes things worse for both of them.

CAROLINA BOSOX

Aug 12, 2008
Goose Creek, SC
Don't forget that BJ always hustles on every play! He was very arrogant when he played in Charleston and I always figured that Basball Karma would catch up to him. Didn't surprise me when he got outed in Tampa Bay for jogging after missing a ball. I was disappointed when the Braves picked him up and gave him such a big contract.

vwnut13

Apr 19, 2009
Vermont
Overpaid for sure but I don't think the Braves get the same production out of Justin without having his brother there. Justin is happy and producing because of it. I bet a part BJ has to be a little jealous of his brothers success and a demotion would probably makes things worse for both of them.

Sure Justin Upton has 14 HR, but he only has 29 RBI (11 Solo HR) and is hitting 0.186 with runners on base.

Austin

Aug 7, 2008
Dallas, Texas
Justin Upton has been almost as horrible as B.J. for the past month.

In April, Justin hit .298 with 12 homers and 19 rbi.
In May, Justin hit .211 with 2 homers and 10 rbi.

So both brothers suck, but Justin gets praised because he was on fire to start the season.

Tywill555

Jan 2, 2013
I get that he's struggling but it's not like this has never happened to another player In baseball before. He just needs to get his head straight and he should be able to make a comeback.

predatorkj

Aug 7, 2008
What gets me time and again is the pure praise for Justin. Yes he is a good ball player. But for years now he has been talked about like he's this beast of a player and to tell you the truth, he doesn't stand out in my mind as being as good as everyone makes him out to be. And of course I get some people telling me to just wait and see. Like I said, I won't argue that he's a good player. I'm just surprised the hype hasn't died down by now. Is everyone still expecting him to turn it up a few more notches?

Members online

Latest posts