Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Rasmus's Dad At It Again

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Codasco07

Aug 7, 2008
DC/StL
http://forums.scout.com/mb.aspx?s=321&f=2089&t=4013577&p=1

He's user RCWarrior, here's a sampling:

"Colby came into camp this year far removed from being game ready. Its all about peaking at the right time in order to be ready for the season. He went in knowing what he has to do in AAA in order to get to the big club in September. He should be fun to watch come April in Memphis, but you guys that have those high hopes for spring training may be disappointed. Got to keep the powder dry for when it counts."

"I am hopeful Colby will play much better this year while at Memphis so if he does as good as I hope then maybe something could happen earlier than September. I hope not but it could happen. His outlook is so much more positive this year. If he had K'd 3 times last year in spring training he would have been stressing but after the game he commented on scrapping what he tried yesterday and try some new stuff next time out. Just trying to play with some things to get better in the long run. I think it is smarter to work on those things now verses in season."

"But, the most important thing as far as this year goes is his knowing where he stands with regards to having a chance to make the team or not. Knowing he is headed to Memphis has allowed him to get ready and plan for a successful season in AAA without expending the energy to make a team when there is no chance, like last year. I have stated earlier, the truth works better with him."

I thought his dad had resolved to quit posting after the debacle last year, but it appears he's back. It's pretty ridiculous to excuse his hitting struggles in ST because he is saving his energy for Memphis.

Jaypers

Aug 7, 2008
IL
This is why we have emancipation as a legal option in this country.

mwashuc06

Aug 7, 2008
This is why I am much much lower on him than a year ago. If I knew about this last year he wouldn't be in my top 50. I'd put Daryl Jones over him now honestly. This situation reminds me on how Kevin Jones's dad control his son and why he never could hack it in the NFL. Rasmus might not hack it in the majors, one of his top BP comps is Lubinski who is a 4th outfielder at best.

CAROLINA BOSOX

Aug 12, 2008
Goose Creek, SC
I'm pretty sure he was his HS coach and hasn't learned when to let go. He has to realize these guys in the Cardinals system know more than he does and just sit back and support his sons and not get in the way.

J.O.

Aug 7, 2008
i hate dads that live their dreams through their kids. I see that a lot in baseball, i know a lot of crazy dads

Members online

Latest posts