Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Question regarding 1990 Fleer

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

ASTROBURN

Jun 23, 2011
Santa Cruz, CA
I was just given a case of 1990 Fleer. 20 boxes of sealed packs. Any idea if they have any value or key cards that exist inside I should hunt for? Any help is greatly appreciated.

Last edited:

Austin

Aug 7, 2008
Dallas, Texas
I was just given a case of 1990 Fleer. 24 boxes of sealed packs. Any idea if they have any value or key cards that exist inside I should hunt for? Any help is greatly appreciated.
Unfortunately, 1990 Fleer is probably the least valuable of all the junk era cards.
They were made at the peak of overproduction and there are no valuable rookies (Sosa, Walker, Gonzalez, Justice) or inserts.

There were different inserts in the various types of packs: wax, jumbo, cello or rack.

The Soaring Stars inserts in the jumbo packs were in demand about 20 years ago because of the Griffey, but now you can get the entire 12-card set for a couple of bucks.

Boxes and complete factory sets go for $5-$10 each.
Cases for $100 or less.

There were just too many made and there was never any demand for the
set.
I really liked the set as a kid and bought tons of packs back in the day.

Last edited:

Austin

Aug 7, 2008
Dallas, Texas
^ that's pretty much what I was thinking when it was given to me. Are there any error cards I could shoot for?
Nothing like the infamous '89 Fleer Billy Ripken F*** Face card.
There were three Players of the Decade subset cards, most notably Cal Ripken's name misspelled "Ripkin" on front.
But the errors and corrected cards were made in equally massive quantities, so they're maybe worth a buck each.

RStadlerASU22

Jan 2, 2013
In all honesty try to get something for it / trade it over opening it. Even $60-100 could be better and get you something you want

Ryan

DeliciousBacon

Apr 23, 2011
Warwick, RI
The Dave Martinez with the Yellow Fleer logo is supposedly a very rare card, if you pull one of those you'll probably make some serious money. [MENTION=2962]jacksoncoupage[/MENTION] would know more about it.

ASTROBURN

Jun 23, 2011
Santa Cruz, CA
In all honesty try to get something for it / trade it over opening it. Even $60-100 could be better and get you something you want

Ryan

if its a worthless set, I don't see how I could flip them to get anything I need. Anyone have any BAgwell cards that they wanna trade for these? :)

RStadlerASU22

Jan 2, 2013
if its a worthless set, I don't see how I could flip them to get anything I need. Anyone have any BAgwell cards that they wanna trade for these? :)

There's people out there who buy junk wax, just gotta find em, I just think you'd be happier w a PC item then a mess after you opened them

Ryan

Boo Radley

Jun 5, 2013
Cape Cod
Now, if there were 12 boxes in the case and 48 packs to each box then you'd be sitting on a fairly sizable score. :)I bet you could get $100 for the case. Put it up on CU, I'm sure you'd get a nibble or two.

Austin

Aug 7, 2008
Dallas, Texas
If you're going to sell it, do it on Craigslist so the buyer can pick it up.
If you sell it or trade it online, the shipping for a 24-box case of that size and weight would be outrageous and might deter people from wanting it.

On Craigslist, no shipping because buyers are local, and you could probably get a higher price since buyers may not know how little the '90 Fleer cards are worth, and think a 23-year old case is a goldmine.

csmtampa

Aug 25, 2009
I remember buying packs of 90 Fleer from the ice cream truck. Good luck with whatever you end up doing.

ASTROBURN

Jun 23, 2011
Santa Cruz, CA
Well, they are USA boxes. It says on the back side of the box. The bottoms have 4 card samples on them. So instead of "box Tops" these are box Bottoms... The box I grabbed had Griffey along with three other players... Are the boxes worth anything then?

sruchris

Jun 30, 2010
It's 1990 Fleer! The box bottoms, box tops, box sides, base cards, inserts, wrappers and the cardboard case all have little-to-no monetary value.

Boo Radley

Jun 5, 2013
Cape Cod
1990 Fleer Canadian were issued in 12 box cases, not 20 box cases. That's the easiest way to tell. The cases are significantly different in appearance as well -- no logo or anything, just:

Fleer
Baseball Cards

... in bold red print on the side with the Canadian address printed below that. 12/48 in the upper left corner.

Members online